Cylinder for a 75 Mint 400 - wanted/help

Started by Tim Grow, October 15, 2008, 05:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Grow

Gentlemen-
A very unfortunate slip then "tip-over" of one bike into my favored Mint 400 has lead to two of the right-front corner cylinder head fins being significantly "snapped-off".  Would that you be able to direct me to a replacement or possibly comment of "fixing/arc-weld a clean-break" I would appreciate it.
Thank you for your direction.
Tim

Kip Kern

Tim

Don't panic, a real good welder can remake/reattach the fins and you won't be able to tell;)

Larry Perkins

Tim,

There is one that has just been listed on ebay if you don't want to fix that one.  As Kip said it isn't that hard to fix, though.

Larry P

pketchum

Tim,

I had a missing piece of cylinder head fin on my KTM as though someone had taken a bite out of it.  I mentioned this to Harlan Diem in Kinzers, PA and he said he could fix it - no problem!  So I sent it off to him and somehow he fixed it and I could hardly tell where the original repair was made.  I would recommend him highly for this repair!  His phone number is 717-355-9422.

Diem's Cycle
251 Springville Road
Kinzers, PA  17535

Also, welcome to the Soggy Bottom Boys!

Your teammate,

Phil Ketchum
Phast Phil
Moderator, Hodaka Owners Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hodaka

Tim Grow

Phil & Larry-
Thank you both for the responses!  The first move will be to call the gentleman in PA; knowing there to be someone who has successfully completed a similar task is golden.  Again, Phil, thank you, sir.
Larry, are all the 400-cylinders the same in terms of a MX vs. Enduro models?  This engine is indeed a "beast" by my measure; it's  no-fun in the woods, period.  Thank you for the heads-up and appreciate any direction on making it a bit more rider friendly.
Best of week,
Tim