How cold can you go?

Started by tmc3c, January 15, 2009, 09:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmc3c

It is suppose to be 14 deg. in the morning here in Greenville S.C.!! It isn't suppose to be this cold here! People can't drive in this!!All of the milk and bread is gone off the shelves!! [:p]

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Kip Kern

Thomas

Welcome to the wonderful world of winter!

17 below here, looking for a high of 5 above if we are lucky!

I remember when it snowed at Parris Island S.C in the 70's, you should have seen the people freaking out, it was pretty funny!

swamp fox

Hey Thomas,
I rode home from work on the Beemer this morning. It was only 25deg. Maybe about the same tonight. I only turned on the heated grips..not that they did a lot of good @ 80mph.[:0]

Kip,
I remember a big snow on the Carolina coast back in the 70's. I rode on the back of my brother's sl350 to a friends house. You should have seen all the looks from the people as we scooted past.

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

rfpotter

I am a native Tennessean, but spent time in the Northern states over the years so I have done my time. My old friends up there would find it funny that my kids are out of school today because it is cold. No snow, no ice, not a cloud in the sky, just cold.

Only here.

Patrick Houston
Cosby, Tennessee

tmc3c

I remember riding my Penton in the neighborhood in the snow.I cut across a yard and didn't see a marking staub which caused the fun to end with a flat.This must have been about the same time you are talking about Kip!! This was on Johns Island outside of Charleston.
17 Below??? does anything move outside??

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

tmc3c

oops....brain freeze!!!

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

thrownchain

We had a couple of guys up here in NY that rode their bikes all year round, didn't even own a car. One was on a HD chopper, and the other guy had a Jap bike with a sidecar on it. Definately a sight to remember, driving through a snow squall with almost zero visability and see a guy going the other way on a bike.

Rain Man

a few of us die hard KTm guys are riding outta here again on Sunday,
   Also there's a Hare Scramble up @ Hebrons moto sport park,  I expect very few . So the trophy getting may be easier than usual for NETRA points.
  Dont let the cold stop YOU, or your bike;)

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

tmc3c

Raymond,

How is that flat tracker coming? Do you have screws in the tires and out on the lake?

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Rain Man

Thomas, the Penton flat trackers on the drawing boards for now and in a bucket till the economy picks up.  I've been doing some trail riding on the KTM with just screws in and it hooks up real well. Now the snows getting too deep and its ski doo time anyway. And yes there's laws for ATV's on snowmobile trails :(
 -19f the last 2 mornings, but I betcha Speedy has all of us beat (again) up there in canada ;)

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

bkinnon

Just a few miles northwest of Rainman we had -23 at 8 AM Friday. Glad I have a heated garage.

Downeast Pentons- Central Division
Downeast Pentons- Central Division

tmc3c

Snowing here today! Weird weather we are having.

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler