United States Vintage MX GP Updated 12.26.08

Started by Merlin, December 11, 2008, 09:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin

Found this on the //www.sevmx.com site.
Woody and I have secured a date at a real nice track on your way home for the monday and tuesday after AHRMA event bikeweek at Gainseville Florida. Monday will be a get parked/setup, swapmeet/bike show/quiet day/get together (BEER TENT??? I vote YES! ) with racing tuesday. We are working on the program, at the moment I'm pushing the idea of a kind of a party and a race breaks out theme, anyone interested???
A nice motel and Huddle House are within walking distance of the track. //www.flvmx.com Woody 407.416.2021

Found this UPDATE:
 http://www.flvmx.com is glad to announce the first United States Vintage GP will be held march 2-3 2009 Lake City fl, monday and tuesday following the AHRMA off road national at Gainsville Fl, no memberships required and a class structure to make sure all have a place to race. The featured class will be Vintage International, entrants must be 50 years old and ride period specials, works bike as well as any period correct bike up to 1974, 7" fork and 4" rear axle travel . Unlike some "other" racing organizations we encourage "period correct specials" some examples are home grown water cooling, center port CZ's, dual carbs, Tillotson/Walbro carbs, other period specials such as Sanderson's Cycles 167 lb disc braked CZ's, C+J, Boyd and Stellings, Champion, Kramer, we know what we are looking at though so no monkey business OK.
At the moment we are planning 15 or 20 min motos for the international class, this class will run last in the race order.

Classic and Premier classes will be offered, total number of entries will determine race class placement. Sidepipe CZ, square barrel Maico, 5 speed Stiletto and Cappra allowed and encouraged , kitted DT1 (no YZ or RT/DT), Kawasaki F81m will all be included as they will provide a good mix for fun.

Evolution/ PV classes will also be run, once again we want you to have a great time so we also allow "specials" of this period as well, (Joe Vanella type) 78/79/80 Honda CR250 powered by 450-480 is an example. Back dating will also be allowed with in reason such as Maico Alpha converted to twin shocks.
We will include a Modern support class however it will be a "modern all" no skill levels, if you want try out that new bike before spring breaks back home this would be a good place to do it.   http://flvmx.com/flyer_09.pdf

If you have any questions about where you or your bike will fit please check http://www.flvmx.com or contact Woody 407-416-2021 or myself through a PM here.  

The entire class structure will be a condensed version of the standard http://www.flvmx.com class line up, final itinerary will be posted soon.
Come and join the fun, Days Inn motel and Huddle House are within walking distance.

http://www.lakecitymx.com/index.html

Quote: Thomas Jefferson, We are all born ignorant, some work to remain that way.
 Quote:Merlin, "it is impossible to teach those that wish not to be taught".
Quote: Thomas Jefferson, We are all born ignorant, some work to remain that way.
 Quote:Peter Villacaro, \\"it is impossible to teach those that wish not to be taught\\".

skiracer

When is bike week at Gainesville? thanks, James
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

john durrill

Merlin,
 I would like that a lot .
 We live with in 7 miles of the little track shown. We were able to visit with Tom , David Barr  and several others at the last race.
 Let me know what day and time please.
John D.

Merlin

March 2/3 look to be the dates for the fun race. I'm guessing the race to be at Lake City where Routes 10 and 75 cross just south of the Georgia border, I am going to call Woody 407.416.2021 to find out. I'm sure they will post something on the FLVMX or SEVMX sites soon.

Quote:Peter Villacaro, \\"it is impossible to teach those that wish not to be taught\\".

john durrill

Merlin,
 We have a 72 Six-Day Frame and swing arm that Tom Thigpen may be able to use. Do you know of a way to contact him? The email listed for him wont go through.
 We can drop it off with him at Gatorback or the track here in Lake City. Will find a way to get it too him sooner if he needs it this year.
We wont use it and he is welcome to it. He and I talked about a RR and trail bike he was thinking of building.
John D.

Merlin

Hi John, I'll see he gets the word this weekend at the St Petersburg //www.FLVMX.com round.

Merlin

The name of the event is: U.S. Vintage MX GP, march 2-3 2009 Lake City Florida, //www.flvmx.com   .

I spoke to Woody Graves about this event,mar 1 sunday afternoon gates open, monday, set up,  swap, show and pre race stuff, tuesday racing.  Sounds like fun, Woody even eluded to "Huddle House Holeshot" and other type awards.

john durrill

Merlin,
 We will take a vacation day and be there.
John D.

john durrill

Merlin,
Thanks we got with Tom and have a way to deliver the frame.
 Here are a couple of pictures from the last race. The track owners had smoothed it out to all most a TT type track for the Vintage bikes.
 It may not be this smooth next time but at least its an idea of what the track is like.

John D.

Merlin

Great pics John[^], looks like a nice facility[8D], can't wait to go there on jan 11 for FLVMX!;)

Merlin

bump