Transponder Loaner Program

Started by tlanders, February 24, 2009, 12:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlanders

Hey guys,

You have been wonderful to send me money to buy transponders to be used as loaners. When I was writing up the "Transponder Loaner Policy" yesterday, to be posted at sign up for Friday's race, I came up with a better way to handle it. The policy is as follows:

"If you intend to enter only one Cross Country this year, or have never entered an AHRMA Cross Country and want to try it out, then we are happy to loan you a transponder so that you can be scored.  

Tell us at sign-in that you want a loaner and we will mark your name down as a Loaner Recipient when you buy your transponder. After the race, bring the transponder back and we will refund the $10 you paid at sign-in for the transponder.

If you are a Loaner Recipient and you enter a second Cross Country race this year, your name will be removed from the  Loaner Recipient list when you buy your transponder for the race."

As you can see, this negates the need for anyone to donate money to buy loaner transponders. So, if you have been one of the most wonderful people who have sent me money for loaners, I will return your money unless you want me to use the money to help pay for the scoring equipment. Please email me what you would like me to do.

Thank you again for your willingness to support the cross country series.

Teddy

Tahitian_Red

Teddy,

Pardon my ignorance on this subject, but what type of transponders will AHRMA CC be using?  

I have ridden a AMA District 36 CC this year and purchsed an RF transponder and may have to purchase another type of transponder for Over The Hill Gang races.  I'm hoping I will not need a third one for the AHRMA Honolulu Hills CC out in Taft, CA.  Thanks!

Jay

Racing the "FaltaNator" in 2009
Racing the \\"FaltaNator\\" in 2011?