Too many Sachs 100 's

Started by firstturn, April 25, 2009, 09:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstturn

[:o)]  I started to put a 100 Sachs engine together this afternoon and discovered I didn't have a 100 head gasket.  Now this would be OK except I think I purchased something like 30 or 40 head gaskets several years ago.  I now know I have plenty of 125 Sachs head gaskets.  It is just fun to tell on myself when I thought I was clear to finish an engine this evening.[8]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

tomale

I don't get it, are you confused or is it me. and is our age catching up with us.. By the way, I am so glad you are still with us... The older I get the less friends I seem to have.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)74'
250 hare scrambler (project bike)
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

firstturn

Thom,
  I think I am the one confused.  I always lay out all the parts I need when I work on a bike.....??  But I was sure I had a head gasket.  I think memory goes first.[B)]  Thanks for the offer from POG members to send me a head gasket.  I will order some Monday.  I just like to tell the funny things that happen when you think you are good to go on a project.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

firstturn

I found 10 headgaskets for a 100.  I need to get organized(again).[8D]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

tomale

that sort of thing happens to me all the time. I have several manuals that I am sure that I still have that I just can't seem to find. and yesterday, I needed to measure something, I forget now.. anyway I looked all over my shop for my calipers, I was sure that they should be right there. I must have spent 10 minutes (my shop is not that big) I looked and looked and just as I was going to use something different and there it was..[8D] it was right under my nose, I looked down and there it was... I think I put it away....[8D]

74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Mike Lenz

Ron and others,  You know what I do almost every time anymore when I put an engine together...and I just cant seem to stop.  I forget to put the second piston wrist pin circlip in! I usually put the first one in while the piston is not in the bike.  Then I slide the cylinder on to mark for the hole in the piston (ex bridge) and measure the deck height.  Then when it goes together next time I should put the clip in, but I almost never do. I usually notice while putting the rest of the bike together, but have sometimes almost finished the bike before noticing. Worse yet is when its on a frame breather...after I have pit the pipe on!! At least I have never lunched one yet do to this! I build so carefully and then ARGG!  Slap it apart and slap it together...again.  Its getting old getting old!

Mike Lenz

I also wanted to say that I see my desire to be organized leaving me the older I get. It seems now that organization is to much of a mental drain, when its organization I dont HAVE to do.

tomale

One man's organization is another man's chaos. I get all excited about getting organized and then I go over to a friens house and everything he owns has a specific place and he can find it with out a bit of trouble. I feel good if I can find what I am looking for in under 10 minutes.. I think I am olde enough, :D

74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W