Gentlemen, may I present....

Started by dirtbike, July 12, 2008, 12:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirtbike

I know that I'm clogging this fine message board with an alien bike but I thought that I should post a picture of my latest restoration.

This is a Maico Magnum 400 1978. Unfortunately not a Penton/KTM but
any way.

thrownchain

A nice bike is a nice bike, doesn't matter what brand it is. Good work!

cubfan1968

Nice looking bike. What all did you need to do to get it to look this great. Details man details!!!!

Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

DKWRACER

Bee-Hahn, shurly infatualated with a Miaco, pardon me "typo".....there is nothing, that will ever compare to a "Penton"
"born in the USA"
OHIO, I am your boy.

Tom Brosius
POG member
Thomas Brosius

dirtbike

throwchain, thanks!
clubfan1968, I dont know exactly what you are reffering to but the thing that turned out best according to me myself is the nickel plating with the gold tone which I had done to all axels, springs, chain tensioner, shift lever, kickstarter, clutch arm, break pedal and so on. Everything was glassblasted first to get a smooth shiny surface, then plated. The motor is glassblasted only. All plastic is new as well as all red cables. I have painted it myself with a two comp interlux marine paint.
BTW: This is a rider, I'll race it..

Kip Kern

Beautiful job, I love it!  I have many other European machines in my collection besides Pentons too.  I love them all!:D

dirtbike

firstturn

Nice clip....thanks for sharing it.  Very nice job on the Maico.  I just bought a 1973 250.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

dirtbike

It's a little dirtier today and I'm entering a race the 3 of July. Have just gotten back in the saddle but I'm so out of shape. I will try to get back as much as I can in a month.

I have the 1980 plastic tank mounted as well at the 42 mm air forks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjq7O06mQKI

David Bailey

Beautifully done.  I love that bright red paint.
www.DavidBailey.com | www.DigitalRacingImages.com | www.RiderDown.org

74 Penton Hare Scrambler 250
06 KTM 450 XC

dirtbike

Thanks. I'm happy with it and I have been riding today as well.
May I ask, are you the David Bailey that comes to mind?
Either way, welcome here.