71 steel tanker

Started by Dave Mitchell, September 10, 2009, 02:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Mitchell

Don't know who's lookin,but Terry Smith has a sweet 71 steely w/ a
Doug Woolford engine for sale on the VMX site.I wish I had deep pockets.
Dave

firstturn

Terry built a nice bike.  Sorry to see it go, but someone will get a nice one.  Thanks Terry for you saving another Penton.  You put a lot of work into this one.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

jeff greenberg

Dave, Those pics I posted under "built for champions" should bring back some memories for you from back in the "Ohio" day!
Jeff

Dave Mitchell

Jeff,I never did have a hard time spottin you in the pits.I'm gonna due some digging and see what I can come up with,I know I have some from travelers and delta and a few from victor pk.That shot from Smith took me back I was there that day for shure.Believe it or not my wife was always asking me why I hold onto my old Piaseckis jersey we've since come to an understanding,I also will post a picture of my current six days you'll recognize the pinstriping on the tank right off.
Dave

jeff greenberg

Great Dave!! Ya, Kind of hard to miss that afro huh. Travelers!! Dang, I actually belonged to that club. They had that cool little 1/8th mile oval track. Sometimes they had scrambles there too. Wish I had hung onto  one of my Piasecki jerseys. Ya, see what you can dig up. My email is [email protected].
Jeff