Six days frame color

Started by spdoc, September 02, 2009, 08:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spdoc

Can someone tell me the paint code or color of powder to use on the 73 Six Days frame? Thanks, Jeff

Doug Wilford

Jeff;
PJ-1 use to make in a spray can  KTM silver gray.   I am not sure if they still make that color.
I do Sachs engine rebuilds.   My e-mail is [email protected] or 440-988-2605

Steve Minor

Jeff....Doug Wilford is "Mr Sach Reuild".
Trust him to do it right.

Steve Minor
Wilmington, NC
Steve Minor

Mike Berrington

Unfortunately they do not make the paint anymore ... it was great!  I am still searching for the next closest thing, I am hoping Dupli color wheel paint in silver (and clear coat) will be close.  I just have not had a chance to spray any and check against my Jackpiner frame with PJ1 on it.

Mike Berrington
Waynesboro VA.
73 Jackpiner, 77 GS6 175
07 KTM 200w,  09 KTM 300w,  74 TY250(2),  GT80's(3), 88 YZ250
Mike Berrington
Waynesboro VA.

Doug Wilford

Jeff;
PJ-1 use to make in a spray can  KTM silver gray.   I am not sure if they still make that color.
I do Sachs engine rebuilds.   My e-mail is [email protected] or 440-988-2605

Steve Minor

Jeff....Doug Wilford is "Mr Sach Reuild".
Trust him to do it right.

Steve Minor
Wilmington, NC
Steve Minor

Mike Berrington

Unfortunately they do not make the paint anymore ... it was great!  I am still searching for the next closest thing, I am hoping Dupli color wheel paint in silver (and clear coat) will be close.  I just have not had a chance to spray any and check against my Jackpiner frame with PJ1 on it.

Mike Berrington
Waynesboro VA.
73 Jackpiner, 77 GS6 175
07 KTM 200w,  09 KTM 300w,  74 TY250(2),  GT80's(3), 88 YZ250
Mike Berrington
Waynesboro VA.

garrettccovington

This was my 1st question as a new member too.  I ended up using Rust-o-leum "Hammered" silver # 7213 Finish I bought at Home Depot.  It matched my original broken rear engine mount perfect.  Spray it light and with several coats.

Maybe some of the other members have tried this and could comment on it.  

I recomend "searching" the message board for answers.  They are great to read and they cover just about everything you could ever think of.

Good Luck

72 six-day
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

gooddirt

Please check the other 'Six days frame color ' post  below this post for info. LG