Enduro Jacket Advice

Started by chuck, September 19, 2009, 04:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuck

With cold weather coming and in need of a new enduro jacket what are your recommendations. There are so many on the market it's tough to know what is good and what to stay awar from.

Chuck

72 125 Six Days
72 100 Berkshire
74 250 Hare Scrambles
72 Wassel

72 125 Six Days
72 100 Berkshire
74 250 Hare Scrambles
72 Wassel

Larry Perkins

I have a couple of Thor ones that have done me well.  Nice looking, war, and durable.  I have a Core one and a Phase one.

Larry P

Dwight Rudder

Moose makes a good modern jacket but if you want a vintage jacket then there is always a good wax cotton Barbour International or a Belstaff Trail Master. I honestly prefer the older ISDT style jacket for comfort and funtion.
Dwight

tomale

Do they still make Barbour jackets? back in the day it was the gear to have as I recall. I had fond memories of going riding with my Mentor who had that stuff. I thought it was cool back then and I still do now....
why is it so hard to find Modern gear that looks like vintage gear.I have had the stuff made by a company that starts with M that makes vintage style gear and if fit odd and it did not last a year. The best pair of riding pants I ever owned that fit right were my old Hallman leathers...That goat leather did not wear real well but it did protect well....

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)74'
250 hare scrambler (project bike)
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

tomale

thanks Gary. Nice stuff.

76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)74'
250 hare scrambler (project bike)
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

marsattacks

If you go vintage or "vintage-style", you will have fun doing a little research. You will be amazed at the depth of info available on Barbour Int'l and Belstaff "Sammy Miller Professional Series" Trialmaster jackets. Both have been reissued in recent years. They have changed subtle features over the years, and the new ones have more branding on them than the old ones, but the basic design is relatively unchanged.

You will see a pretty nice range of the early Belstaffs and Barbours here, along with some vintage photos and shocking price tags.

http://sunnyandmrstarr.com/

In 2007 or so Belstaff reissued a vintage-style Trialmaster as a Steve McQueen 1964 ISDT jacket.

http://www.mcqueenonline.com/belstafftrialmaster.htm

There is just an amazing store of info available when you come to think of it.  (Including those on this very site of course)

Good luck deciding!

Mars Attacks!

Mars Attacks!
68 Planetary/Lunar Lander (very sadly, sold with Gamma death-ray to the Italians)
78 400 MC5 also sadly sold
79 space rock shox bike

Kip Kern

They are also available out of Chicago.  The original wax riding jacket and trousers.  I think "Trophy Sports" was the name of the retailer.  British MC type of shop.  Not 100% sure though of the name.:(  I bought mine there in "02" and love it!

Rain Man

you guys wear jackets ??  I didn't think it gets that cold out until January...  When it gets cold up here in Maine, we just ride on rougher trails and keep the speed down.

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons