ISDT RR questions.....

Started by skiracer, September 26, 2009, 09:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skiracer

Hey guys, I have a couple of questions about the event......

Why is it customary for the small bore bikes to go first, to give them a better trail to ride on?

It seems that Saturday is going to be a long day, are we suppose to pack a lunch to eat on the trail?  It doesn't sound like we are going to be back too early in the day.....

Inquiring minds would like to know...... Thanks, James
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

Larry Perkins

James,

Not sure on the why of the start order but there is generally a mid point on Day 1 that brings you back to the Start/Finish area and a break that will give you time for a bite and some brief maintenance.  Don't worry there is a slow pace on this event that gives you plenty of time to visit and such as long as you don't have mechanical troubles.  Good luck and have fun.

Larry P

marsattacks

James, I am an utter and complete newbie but here is what the info packet says:

"In the interest of providing a more authentic ISDT experience, for both the riders and the spectators, the small bores will start first each day with the larger bore classes following in proper sequence. The exceptions to this starting order will be the Premier class and the ISDT/E vets on modern machines. "

So with the exceptions stated above if you are 175cc or smaller my guess is that you will be in front.

Mars Attacks!

Mars Attacks!
68 Planetary/Lunar Lander (very sadly, sold with Gamma death-ray to the Italians)
78 400 MC5 also sadly sold
79 space rock shox bike

t20sl

I have not seen a "packet" of information.  Can anyone tell me the length of first day  and mileage to gas?  Ted