WOW LARRY ! a "little" snow your way !

Started by gooey, December 13, 2000, 08:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gooey

how you gettin along ??? ok , I hope ! You guys arent quite as used to it as we are ... good luck ... probably a good nite to stay in and goof 'round with your season champ bikes ! congrats on that deal too !

Larry Perkins

Oh yeah we got snow.  Sixteen inches in less than 24 hours.  A record snow for December and 5th biggest ever for here.  Of course any is too much for a Central Texas boy that only saw snow stick twice before he moved north into Yankee country in 1976.

Thanks for the congrats on my regional championships.  We plan to take the show to enough Nationals next season to give that a shot.  Maybe we can pull some more holeshots like the three out of four with the 250 at Mid-Ohio last season.  There were several people there that said, "Man that Penton is fast."  Of course my reply is, "They were fast then and they still are now."  

Hey, I just saw some evidence of that in the latest Still Keeping Track POG mag.  There is a photo on the back that shows a bunch of enduro winners that rode Pentons in a enduro in West Texas.  JR Horne is pointed out.  This was the first enduro I ever rode.  It was the C class and I won. I looked at that photo and saw an 18 year old that long ago I used to look at in the mirror.  I am kneeling second from the right.  I was a MX junkie and worked at a Penton shop that was deep into off-road and trail riding.  I didn't even know how to keep time but a guy from the shop that rode enduros let me enter with him and ride on his minute.  We just dropped a couple of points and tied for first but I came through the tie-breaker check a second in front of him and took the win.  Of course I was so green that someone had to explain how I won.  I didn't quite understand enduros and thought it was too easy.  I didn't ride another enduro for 11 years and quickly realized an enduro in West Texas is a lot different than one in the Ozarks.  Of course the difference between 18 and 29 probably had nothing to do with it.