73 Mettco Penton

Started by FMF MX, December 30, 2001, 12:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FMF MX

I'm a nu member who has finally located one of the rarest pentons in existence. If you raced night mx in so. cal.in the early 70's, you will remember these red and white pentons ridden by Bruce MacDougal, Danny LaPorte, and Chuck Bower. POG member OUCWBOY did a concours restoration on it, and I'll be displaying it at all of the events I can make it to. This is one of 8 bikes modified by mettco for the team to ride. I sent pictures of it to POG for posting, and I look foreward to meeting many of you at future events. Thanks for remembering a great motorcycle..FMF MX.

Bart Carrigan
Bart Carrigan

OUCWBOY

Gotta give credit to Doug for the engine rebuild. He did a great job! Bike is very fast and runs cleaner than any Sachs motor I've ever seen.
Donny
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

FMF MX

Yes, very true. I had a poster board made to display with the bike, and on it I credit Doug Wilford with the engine rebuild. It will easily outrun my 74 125 Husky that I race AHRMA events on. But the best part is it starts 1st kick, never fouls, sputters, or bogs. Its like the tightest motor I've ever ridden. If it wasn't so pretty, I'd race it. Well, maybe at Mid Ohio..Doug, you deserve to ride it since you made it run this way, and Donny, I couldn't have built it any better myself. I'll see you both soon.

Bart Carrigan
Bart Carrigan

DKWRACER

Great testament to the ability of one and others to both resurrect and race a "SACHS" powered racer, much has been said and done, whit-ness the article by Doug on shifting problems with Sachs motors in POG, actually went on a field trip today to a new-bee who "gave up" on an 80 250....How and why I will never understand, we have so much going for ourselves...hear I am +50 and there was this guy, his name was John Penton, guess you can understand where my inspiration comes from!!!

Tom Brosius

Thomas Brosius

OUCWBOY

I would like to set the record straight on this bike. As much as I'd like to take the credit for the fine work on it I can't. The Restoration to the bike, minus the engine and a few other little changes were done by Marc Biro.
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR