Cool enduro book, but with a catch

Started by marsattacks, December 12, 2009, 07:57:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsattacks

Hi guys, I posted this over on Vinduro a week ago or so but you might be interested too! Nine pages of KTM, including some mentions of the KTM/Penton relationship. Worth a look if you can get your hands on one. Not exactly cheap either.

#################

Has anyone seen Il Grande Libro Delle Moto Da Regolarita? A very cool book.There actually are two catches--it is written in Italian so if you know a littleFrench or Spanish (or of course Italian) you can decipher a fair amount of it byguessing sort of like a crossword puzzle (after a while I finally realized that"CV" stands for "horsepower"). Also, it is too bad that the photos are in blackand white.BUT, each section does have photos, and there is a separate section with photosfor each of the following enduro bikes (no MX):Ancillotti, Aspes, Beta, BMW, Bultaco, CMK-Gabor, Ducati, Fantic Motor, Gilera,Gori, Guazzoni, Hercules/Sachs/DKW/****el, Husqvarna, Jawa, KTM, Laverda,BSA/Greeves/Triumph/Norton/Matchless, Maico, Mazilli, Monark, Mondial, Morini,Moto Guzzi, Muller, MV Augusta, MZ, Ossa, Parilla, Puch, Rokon, Rond-Sachs,Rumi, Simonini, Simson, SWM, Zundapp.And, almost every photo appears to be from the "epocha" as opposed torestoration photos, meaning that the photos should be useful to see what wasactually on the bikes as run back in the day. But the photos are a bit small.Now if only I could get some of these sections translated. Perhaps I'll scan afew and run them through pdf character recognition and then Google translate.Not perfect but stillsomething.Regards, John

Mars Attacks!

Mars Attacks!
68 Planetary/Lunar Lander (very sadly, sold with Gamma death-ray to the Italians)
78 400 MC5 also sadly sold
79 space rock shox bike

Kip Kern

John

I received it as a gift from a Italian friend a few years back.  Excellent book for reference of ISDT bikes.  Another fantastic reference is "Grand Prix Motocross", Terry Pratt 1972 World Championship Season, excellent photos of all the factory bikes!

CIAO