Women's CC class established

Started by Paul Danik, November 08, 2009, 07:10:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

In reading the AHRMA rules changes for 2010 in their November newsletter, I see that they have established a Women's class for the Cross Country series. It is one class with three skill levels.

GO GIRLS.........

Paul

joe novak

Paul,   And my wife just asked me if I had a Penton she could ride...!   Now the wifes, girlfriends, or significant others can come along and enjoy the trails.  joe

3putt

Joe,   What an opportunity she has passed along to you  !!   Now you can buy her a Berkshire, Six Day, Jackpiner, Hare Scrambler, and Mint, and SHE has a choice.  Merry Christmas !!  Nelson McCullough

Dwight Rudder

Is this a Vintage class ?  Or Post Vintage ?
Surely they are not expecting Vintage and Post Vintage to compete together ?????????

brian kirby

Dwight, the way I read it, it will be one class for any AHRMA legal bike, no Vintage or PV split.

Brian

'72 Berkshire
Brian

Dwight Rudder

That would not be exactly fair.  Maybe they should have 2 classes. Vintage and Post vintage.  A woman on a Kawasaki G5 or Honda SL125 can't be expected to stay up with a woman of similar riding skills on a Yamaha IT175 or Honda XR200

Quotequote:Originally posted by brian kirby

Dwight, the way I read it, it will be one class for any AHRMA legal bike, no Vintage or PV split.

Brian

'72 Berkshire

David Laite

Just curious, could my wife ride the XT in PVCC?

1973 Penton Jackpiner
1982 Yamaha XT200
1982 Yamaha XJ650J Maxim
1987 Yamaha YZ490
2005 Honda CRF450R
1973 Penton Six Day
1973 Penton Jackpiner
1982 Yamaha XT200
1982 Yamaha XJ650J Maxim
1984 Husqvarna 400WR
1987 Yamaha YZ490
2005 Honda CRF450R

Lew Mayer

I believe she can, although I'm not exactly sure which class. It has no disc, no linkage suspension and not water-cooled, so it should work. A call to an AHRMA tech person should clarify things for you.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer