Carnegie OHV closure

Started by Gavin Housh, December 23, 2009, 12:51:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gavin Housh

I went to our local riding area today only to find out it will be closing after fifty years as a motorcycle park. 100,000 estemated people a year use the park and the small creek that runs through it three months a year is in danger of being polluted.The hole story and a petition to sign can be found at //www.carnegieforever.com

Mike Horton

We ride at Carnegie also and my son races a AMA District 36 cross country event there once a year. Venues for riding and racing in California are in jeopardy.

t20sl

firstturn

Not being Political, but you can vote in November.  This entire situation has been moving to closures for years and with the people in power...all I can say they don't care or like motorcycles.  Thanks for the heads up.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Gavin Housh

With a super fund site directly across the road and Governor Schwarzenegger hoping to open up off shore oil drilling it seems strange that these people would single out Carnegie. Yes they just don't like motorcycles. As more of these places close to riding the value of the bikes will fall, our bikes will become land fill. Let me try this again //www.carnegieforever.org

Mike Horton

We ride at Carnegie also and my son races a AMA District 36 cross country event there once a year. Venues for riding and racing in California are in jeopardy.

t20sl

firstturn

Not being Political, but you can vote in November.  This entire situation has been moving to closures for years and with the people in power...all I can say they don't care or like motorcycles.  Thanks for the heads up.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Gavin Housh

With a super fund site directly across the road and Governor Schwarzenegger hoping to open up off shore oil drilling it seems strange that these people would single out Carnegie. Yes they just don't like motorcycles. As more of these places close to riding the value of the bikes will fall, our bikes will become land fill. Let me try this again //www.carnegieforever.org