THIS WEEKEND GLEN HELEN

Started by garrettccovington, January 05, 2010, 09:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garrettccovington

OK all of us So Cal Folks.  This weekend, Jan 10th at Glen Helen is the opening round of ARX.  If you've never done it, do it. Great Vintage friendly tracks.[:0]  Its suppose to Sunny, Clear blue skies, High's in the 70's.[8D]    I hope to see the usual suspects, Lloyde , Victor, and the other guy with the clean 6-day.  Sorry, I always forget his name,  I wanna say Fred. anyways.  I hope to see everybody there!:D

G

72 six-day
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

Lloyd Boland

Count me in.  New classes on schedule.  "+50 modern bike", looks good for the 450F.  I will be there with the 74CZ400,
'76MC5 250, '89YZ 250, '91KX 500, 2008 KX450F.  Anyone know CPR?

garrettccovington

Dang,,,, Lloyd,  They ought to give you the Ironman award for riding all those moto's. For those that weren't at the Last race, My wife was admiring Lloyd's 250 Penton.  As I recal, I mentioned that was the size bike I needed.  She said, well go ahead and get one. 2 hours later I called her up, telling her I just bought the 79 mc80.  Lets see, Mint 400, yep I need one of those.

G
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

cdb50mx

Lloyd " IS " the ARX Iron Man and has been awarded the # 1 plate for the most accumulated year end points for many years . Lloyd typically rides multiple classes every race day . Then he goes back to his office ,loads up on Aleve , gets on the traction table and doesn't move til the next day . :D

Mike

garrettccovington

HAD A BLAST! GREAT PEOPLE, GREAT TRACK, GREAT WEATHER, GREAT RACING!!!

The Penton Gang came thru today with Flying Colors,  All Penton riders won.
  Good to meet Bill L. (new member) Sweet 6-Day,  1st Place.
 Fred, nice clean 6-day, 1st place.
 OK, OK, I'm on a raggity old beater 79 KTM, but, Hey, I took a overall too. My wife said it was because my outfit matched.  She still hates the tank though.

Of Course Last, but not Least,  Lloyd B. He needs to change his name to  "THE Mr. Moto."  Heck, they gave him his own parking spot in the pre-race meeting. (That was Classic! anyways, I digress)  he won a couple of races too.

Missed Victor, SoCal and a couple of other guys, but come on out for the Feb 15th race.  I'm gonna drag the 6-Day out for that one too.

G

72 six-day
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

socalmx

Glad everyone had a good time. It was tempting to pull out the Penton but there was a schedule conflict for me. The first District 37 desert race was held the same day and I decided to see how well my lighter  body (less 40 pounds) and expensive suspension (Factory Connection) worked. Both worked better than expected.....