What is it ?

Started by rob w, December 31, 2009, 12:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

Hi,
I'm pretty certain that this is a Penton / KTM part.
But I have no idea what it is. Apx 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 1 1/4" or 38 x 38 x 32mm. Threaded hole is 6mm & thru hole is 5mm.
What is it?

ALB

Bob,
That bracket is not for any "Penton" motorcycle. I'm not an expert on the 80's KTM bikes but from all the hours that I spent going through all the KTM parts books trying to identify all the unmarked parts that I acquired through the past 14 years, I have not seen any parts that look anything like this.

It's probably a bracket off of a lawn mower, snowmobile, tracktor, pick-up truck, or a CZ. [:o)]

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

joe novak

Rob and Al,  I know exactly what that metal piece is!  It is a universal "buddy peg" bracket for many of the Pentons and KTMs.   For those motorcycles which have a three position lower shock mount, the bracket can be used in either of the other available two holes.  For those motorcycles with the FMS or layed down shock set-up, the bracket can be used in any of the many lower shock mount positions. For the Steel Tank Pentons, the bracket must be mounted directly to the single lower shock mount.   The universal "buddy peg" bracker is a great design because it allows the bracket to be used in the "UP" position for shorter legged buddies.  It can be be also used in the "DOWN" position for longer legged buddies.   I think this product was offered by HI-POINT at some time.   The directions suggested that the bracket be removed for "competition use".  Now that that is straightened out, what is the price for a pair of those brackets?  Thank you,  Joe

Mike Lenz

That is cool.  never have seen that!