anybody seen this 175 on ebay?

Started by chicagojerry, January 08, 2010, 07:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicagojerry

if any one is looking at this bike, pay attention that the front forks and wheel are not from a penton. i'm surprised to see that the reserve is not met yet at 315$

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KTM-PENTON-JACKPINER-175_W0QQitemZ130356583678QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_motorcycles?hash=item1e59db9cfe
 chi jer

thrownchain

The give away is the $500 deposit at the end of auction. Got a fairly high reserve.

joe novak

This is the second time this KTM has been listed on Ebay.   The first time it was listed for about 3 days of a 9 day listing, I believe.  The high bid at that time was about $200.  At that point, ALL bids were cancelled.   I have never seen this happen before.   About the next day, the same KTM was again listed on Ebay with a more detailed description, and likely a higher reserve price.   I have not been able to identify the non-original front end.  It looks like the entire front end has been replaced: triple clamps, forks, and wheel assembly.  Almost forgot, included is the "matching" headlight assembly.   Good luck bidding.

tofriedel

The forks resemble those found on an early SL Honda.  I base this on the headlight mounts and their color.  The fork brace i have never seen before.

Tony
Tony

brian kirby

Its a Yamaha front end, the brace is mounted where the stock Yamaha low fender mounted.

Brian

'72 Berkshire
Brian

woodchuck

I think the first time it was listed, it was lsted a s a 250!

Woodchuck