1974.5 Mint 400

Started by MikeMurphy, January 12, 2010, 07:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeMurphy

If anyone is looking for a 1974.5 Mint 400, I have a Pristine one for
sale. Frame # 407-75515   Motor # 4-5500377  Has a Virginia Title.
I have been trying to upload the pictures but it's not working out.
I can email the pictures direct to anyone or to a group member to load onto the site. I bought this with the idea that I would never sell it and did a complete restoration. BUT,I have found 2 ROKONS in Dallas that I can't pass up. This is a TURN KEY bike,needs nothing.
I have the original manuals,Petty lights for front & rear and a few other items.  My direct email: [email protected]

Michael Murphy
1974.5  400 Mint
And how many ROKONS can I sell you ?
Michael Murphy
Preston Petty Products
1978 400 MC-5
[email protected]

garrettccovington

Hey Mike
There is this guy in So Cal that is trying to sell some rokons too.
I haven't see them but this is very interesting.
email me if you want more info [email protected]

G

72 six-day
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

Tim McKinney

Sent you an e-mail.

OLD BIKES RULE!!!
OLD BIKES RULE!!!

tooclose racing

Hi Mike - I'll post the pictures if you mail them to [email protected].  That way my fellow POGGERS and I can look at them late at night after our families have gone to bed. [:p]

Seriously (or not), I gotta believe any bike that MM has touched is going to be fast.  I watched ya wax the field on your post-vintage Arctic Cat, er...Rokon, at the Broome CC race last summer.  Nice ride, hombre.

Lew Mayer

Mike, I know you're selling it because you couldn't figure out that other lever on the handlebar.;)

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

brian kirby

Mike says he is selling it to buy more Rock-Ons, but he confided in me that its just too darn fast for him.

Brian

'72 Berkshire
Brian

MikeMurphy

Bob, I emailed you a few pics of the Mint to post here,thanks. Lew you are correct about the lever on the left, I thought is was a parking brake lever like my ATV. And Brian as you know the speed and power of this bike is beyond.[:0]

Michael Murphy
1974.5  400 Mint
Michael Murphy
Preston Petty Products
1978 400 MC-5
[email protected]

tooclose racing

Check out this beauty.  Geez, wouldn't it be fun to offer this White Knight up to the right audience at a Barrett Jackson auction!

chicagojerry

wow. gorgeous machine. i'm impressed. alright, must i ask? whats the price for this beauty?  
by the way mike, i thought that i was going to be doing some battling with you on a 400 in the vintage wars. you staying more in the pv's?  chi jer

Britt Boyette

Very nice Mike, very nice indeed.

Britt Boyette
1976 125 MC5
1975 250 HS
Britt Boyette

77 Husky WR250
76 RM370
06 KX450f flat tracker/ MX racer
09 Kawasaki Versys

paul a. busick

Mike,
Nice,very nice looking Penton.
I must make a comment. I thought for sure that an up front modern fellow like yourself would have in door plumbing rather then a out house.  Or is that where you hide the Rokons?  I always woundered what that odor was. All this time I thought it was the oil you were using. :D
See you down Old Dusty,
Amherst Paul ;)

MikeMurphy

Mint has been sold to a collector, don't think this one will see the woods.Thanks to all that emailed me about it. Chicago Jerry, I am building a Vintage Rokon for the +50 class to try to catch you,Ernie Phillips & Tim Hamilton. It will be a very light bike,only 280 lbs,down from the 290 pounder I ride now. And Paul,the plumber will be here next week.:)

Michael Murphy
1974.5  400 Mint
Michael Murphy
Preston Petty Products
1978 400 MC-5
[email protected]

brian kirby

Mike, you better pack an extra lunch for the races this season, I'm gonna wear you out!

Brian

'72 Berkshire
Brian

Ernie Phillips

Mike,

Jerry & Tim are solid experts in +50.  I just ride around the rear and try to stay out of you guys way.  However, if you are feeling real perky, you might want to try Open Expert – Grow, Tolly & Kid Christopher should be fun to watch.  The Kid rides the 250 like a 100.   He's not too smooth ... but when upright, forward motion is rapid.  A couple of years ago, he could not even lift his fallen 6-Day by himself.  Now, he can hustle a two-fifty!

And, as for Brian, he is riding regular and will be a force to reckon with if his boney butt can kick start his Mint.

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN