Chain Tensioner for Penton Mudlark

Started by Gordon Brennan, January 16, 2010, 05:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon Brennan

Hi folks, Looking for a chain tensioner and chain gaurd for my Mudlark. Tensioner doesn't have to be original as long as it will work with my swingarm. [email protected] or 860-774-6994.
Thanks, Gordon

Lew Mayer

Glenn Berry put an aftermarket tensioner on his. He may chime in and say which one we used. I can't remember. Matt at Speed and Sport may have a chain guard left but don't use it unless it's for show. It's too hard to maintain tire clearance to it with the modern radial trials tires. IMHO.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Gordon Brennan

Think this one will work, Lew or Dennis or Glenn?

imported_n/a

Hi guys. The tensioner that Mat at Speed and Sport sells is a direct fit. It can also be used on Dalesman/Puch bikes on the left side. The two bosses line up perfectly. Regards Larry

Gordon Brennan

Unfortunately, Matt doesn't have tensioners. Only the replacement pad and spring.

Glenn Berry

The one I used was a Sammy Miller chain tensioner, I think I got It from Mat at speed and sport.

Glenn Berry
Glenn Berry

Glenn Berry

Gordon, I thinl Al had the chainguard. Give him a call.

Glenn Berry
Glenn Berry

VICTOR MONZ

I have a nice set of Marzzochi 32 mm forks, I was told came on the Mudlarks, please correct me if I am wrong.  Cheap !

Victor

Dennis Jones

All Penton trials came with 32mm Metal Profile forks.

I'm not sure what was on the ones they buggered into the Woodsman in a last ditch effort to get rid of the remaining unsellable bikes.

Gordon, If you are going to compete on the bike just make a chain tensioner out of a piece of aluminum flat stock and a modern chain roller. It will have much less drag on it and the little Sachs can use all the help it can get.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Kip Kern

Actually, 31.5mm forks!  English you know!;)

Gordon Brennan

Dennis, What kind of nut goes on the gas tank post? My tank was just sitting there un-connected. There are two rubber grommets, but no nut. Also, I'm missing two of the slotted head bolts that hold the triangular aluminum side covers on. Anyone sell British bolts or anything I can use in there place?

And another thing, don't be poking fun at my "little" Sachs. This is now a Doug Wilford Built Sachs. And I expect no less horse power than my Ossa or TY. :D

Dennis Jones

Dennis Jones

Gordon Brennan

Thanks Dennis, Forgot about that one.

VICTOR MONZ

Thanks for the info......anyway 32 mm Marzzochi Forks....CHEAP !

No reasonable offer refused.

Victor

Lew Mayer

Gordon, I save any Whitworth hardware I take off for those places that I must use it.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer