Wanted Penton MC5 400cc or GS6 400cc original pain

Started by acemoto, February 18, 2010, 10:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acemoto

Hi my name is Larry . I am looking to purchase a Penton MC5 400cc or GS6 400cc bike.
The bike Im looking for must be unmolested and all orinal paint if possible down to the grips
I can be reached by phone at 917-541-8400 or by email at
[email protected]
Thank you for your help
Larry Spielfogel

DKWRACER

Hi Larry, perhaps you could help me out to help you find an "un-molested" Penton, I have never seen such a thing that you want, but your desire is to be commended!
Behind every Penton is a fire, they might be "touched"
But never "molested"
Welcome to the POG!
Tom..:D
Thomas Brosius

Rain Man

Oh shucks that leaves all my bikes out. welcome to the Penton owners Group Larry. A 33 y/o unmolested bike of any MFG is going to cost you.
 Especially if you want the original paint on the hand grips :D

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

acemoto

Thanks Raymond for the advice I know it will cost more than the usual Penton but I think what Im hearing the steel tanks are the ones that command the $
OH well I will just have to wait and look
I did get a email from a guy in Maine that has a MINT GS6 but has not decieded to sell it who knows maybe he will need the space or want something else its just about having a little fun right?

Quotequote:Originally posted by Rain Man

Oh shucks that leaves all my bikes out. welcome to the Penton owners Group Larry. A 33 y/o unmolested bike of any MFG is going to cost you.
 Especially if you want the original paint on the hand grips :D

Raymond
 Down East Pentons

acemoto

Thank you Tom for your kind welcome hey its nice to dream about finding that bike its like the fisherman never stops fishing because he is convinced the big one is under the boat
Again thank you for your welcome . Seems like a nice group of people the Penton group at least that is all I keep writing to and talking to
Larry:D

Quotequote:Originally posted by DKWRACER

Hi Larry, perhaps you could help me out to help you find an "un-molested" Penton, I have never seen such a thing that you want, but your desire is to be commended!
Behind every Penton is a fire, they might be "touched"
But never "molested"
Welcome to the POG!
Tom..:D

sachsmx

Welcome, Larry. Those bikes do exist but don't come around often, and when they do usually require a lot of work to be functional again. Most of these barn finds suffer from case rot, rusted rings, etc from years of sitting w/o any maintenance. It is possible to repair the mechanicals w/o disturbing the "patina", if you will. I have a pair of NOS Magura grips from that period if you ever require them. Good luck in your search.

joe novak

Hello Larry and welcome to POG!   I notice you are searching for a Penton MC5 400cc or GS6 400cc motorcycle.   These were and still are great machines to ride.  Would you like to tell us what your intention with the Penton is?  Display, show, vintage racer/rider, trail rider, collector, coat rack, or other.  You may wait a long time to locate that specific Penton, or you could locate it today!?  If you have already decided exactly what you want, you can wait for it to come along, or you can build it.  If you are not able to build the bike you want, there are POG members or other people who can do this for you (Kip and Jerry are two names that come to mind).  Unless you specifically need an all original Penton, it is not unreasonable to restore one to your specifications.  I will look like new, and run like new.   There is an old saying (you likely have heard it....) "You can restore them many times, but they are original only once."   I might also add that I have seen motorcycles and other items which have been claimed to be original which have not been.    Joe

acemoto

Joe I only want an original bike I will consider doing the motor if need be but cosmetics must be original
thanks
Larry

Quotequote:Originally posted by joe novak

Hello Larry and welcome to POG!   I notice you are searching for a Penton MC5 400cc or GS6 400cc motorcycle.   These were and still are great machines to ride.  Would you like to tell us what your intention with the Penton is?  Display, show, vintage racer/rider, trail rider, collector, coat rack, or other.  You may wait a long time to locate that specific Penton, or you could locate it today!?  If you have already decided exactly what you want, you can wait for it to come along, or you can build it.  If you are not able to build the bike you want, there are POG members or other people who can do this for you (Kip and Jerry are two names that come to mind).  Unless you specifically need an all original Penton, it is not unreasonable to restore one to your specifications.  I will look like new, and run like new.   There is an old saying (you likely have heard it....) "You can restore them many times, but they are original only once."   I might also add that I have seen motorcycles and other items which have been claimed to be original which have not been.    Joe

acemoto

Joe I would like the GS400 to do easy vintage riding anything knalie I would use a 1978 Bultaco Fronters model 215 370cc I have that is rought with a fresh engine I collect motorcycles and would have my GS in a real nice line up of real real nice bikes
As for restored bikes I collect real old bikes my first bike is a 1902 Indian I have original paint bikes from the teens so anything from the 70's to me is like BRAND NEW.
I have heard the saying only the collectors I know say they are only a virgin ONCE
Have a great day
Larry

Quotequote:Originally posted by joe novak

checkcrew

Larry, hi and welcome to the POG !!

POGGERS, i have known Larry for several years and he is a great ambassator to the Vintage community !
 he is no "BS" and is on a mission to find the Penton he desires !!
we all know that first one will lead to many more {my 12 can atest to that - LOL -}

Larry , also your comment about the Steel Tankers is correct, get one when the opertunity is there, they are far and few between !!

again, welcome Larry,

regards,

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]