Mikuni carb

Started by Mickey Sergeant, March 13, 2010, 12:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mickey Sergeant

There is a new 34mm mikuni carb on ebay.Will it work well on a 74 Berkshire.Also dont you need a different boot to mount on engine side.
Mickey Sergeant
74 Berkshire

Dale Fisher

If you plan to run AHRMA check the rules.  The maximum may be 30mm.  A different set of jets, needle, slide, and mount would likely.  The more experienced can elaborate.
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Dwight Rudder

You would be much better off with a 26 - 28mm Mikuni on your 100cc bike.  I like a 28mm on the 125cc. Good throttle response, low end and plenty of top end.
Dwight ;)

brian kirby

28mm is the limit for AHRMA 100cc classes, if you are not racing AHRMA you can go bigger but I would think 34mm would be too big.

Brian

'72 Berkshire
Brian

Dave Mitchell

I run a 32mm on my 125 and it's a rocket.I've a buddy that runs a 34mm on his and really the way he has to jet it, he might as well run a 32mm.A berkie ought to do well with a 30mm.Althought I don't know what other mods.you've done that would come into play,ie,radical porting ect.
Dave

brian kirby

As some of you know in general I'm not a huge fan of Bings, but the 28mm Model 84 (like the 30mm on a Jackpiner, not the older round 27.5mm)is great. Since AHRMA limits cab size to 28mm the higher flow of the Bing really shows. Just ask Tom Flores how fast my 100 is. :)

Brian

'72 Berkshire
Brian

VICTOR MONZ

I am a 28 mm and 30 mm Bing guy....I seem to be able to dial them in easy and have lots of spare parts from all the 84 series....my trouble is the darn "D" cylinder rubber adapters.

Victor