Diamond Don's picture montage.

Started by Dale Fisher, April 21, 2010, 07:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Fisher

Thanks to everyone who stopped by and offered support and friendship during our time in Texas.  I tried to get pictures of everyone racing the vintage CC and Saturday events.  Focus was also on Jeff Smith, and the british machines there for my Facebook buddies.  If you would a specific picture altered, cropped or sent please send me a request.  I can't express enough thanks to Tom Thigpen for his companionship and help in pulling the bike off of me after the crash and helping me load for the trip home.

Try this in the slideshow mode:  My wife and I did our best, the wife was having a hard time surviving the horrific dust at times.

http://s957.photobucket.com/albums/ae59/CheneySachs/Diamond%20Don%202010/

[email protected]
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

jeff greenberg

Dale-  Heal up man. Rough ride!!
Jeff

garrettccovington

Glad to see you post the pics.  Really like them.  The slide show feature is nice.  
I figured out you are # 25 on the chenny and 6-day and I think Brian K is G24.  I wonder who was on 85K 75X 766 55f 62 25U 44 and 55G.  I like the way the penton striped was angled on the white 250 400 ?

Hope you are feeling better.  

G

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

Dale Fisher

I hadn't had a chance yet to post some of the names.  Based on the pre-entry list here's the line up.  I'm not sure all made it and some may have entered later.

G24  Chuck Gresham Gainesville, Ga.  (great job Chuck for first time out)!
96Z  Spencer Balentine  Hardin Ky.
44K  Jerry Chafton  Labelle, Fla.
62D  Terry Landers  West Plains, Md.
85H  Robert Hext  Rockfield, Ky.
21C  Tom Thigpen  Weeki Wachee, Fla.  (Thanks again Tom, for all your help)!
55F  Chicago Jerry  Wakeman, Oh.
75X  Tom Derozier  Ft. Lupton, Co.
15P  Mike Parker  Fayetteville, Ar.
766  Terry Gates

It was geat to see Randy Kirkbride again, and finally meet the legendary Ron Carbaugh (I'll never forget that red streak going by)!
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

brian kirby

I was going to go for CC on Friday, but I had some last minute things come up. This is the first time I have seen dust in any Diamond Don's pictures.

Brian

'72 Berkshire
Brian

garrettccovington

Good to see names next to bikes and in action.  

G

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

Dale Fisher

They were loading someone into the ambulance with a green Penton jersy as we were leaving later in the afternoon.  Anyone know who that may have been and his current status?
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

Dale Fisher

Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

firstturn

Dale,
  You talk about a red streak going by...I was on your NEW 100 Penton.  The bike rips and I am really happy the Circle F pipe works so well on the 100.  Your bike turned out beautiful and thanks for letting me have some memories.  Riding your bike was the highlight of this years Diamond Don's for me.  Thanks again Dale and it was nice to meet your Bride.[:p]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Dale Fisher

Here are a few more names I missed.

184 Gene Saunders
50x Ryan Penton
40c William Ryburn
55G John Morrison
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

tooclose racing

Congrats on your rides, Dale.  Looks like there was a great turn-out of classic 125s, relatively speaking.  I noticed that Mr. Bruce Rounsaville is back and racing in 2010 on his CZs. He was also at Gatorback. I THINK he broke his hip in 2008 and took a year off - but he is still pretty fast.  We'll have to give him our best shot when the "Tour" stops at Binghampton/Broome Tioga in August.

And wow - names like Chuck Sun and Trampas Parker are in the results. This must be a spectacular event.  

Ernie Phillips

Great to learn that multi-time National Champ Roundsaville is back.  His CZ's are quick and he seldom makes a mistake.  I think he has had hip problems for a while.  Now that is fixed, we had all better watch out.  Racing against the best, brings out the best --- Go Bob Go!

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

Dale Fisher

Practice picture from Diamond Don's.  First saddle time on the Berkshire.  Still not sure how I achieved the air time with the combination of crawdads and spaghetti and meatballs weighing heavily from the night before. ;)

Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

joe novak

Dale,  Great photo of you flying through the air off a jump!   I hope you get that one framed.  Thank you for bringing your newly-restored to race condition 1974 Penton Berkshire to the last POG meeting.   Let us know how it ran and handled.  Be specific... joe