Motor Air Leak

Started by VICTOR MONZ, March 09, 2010, 07:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VICTOR MONZ

Ric.

I would appreciate a fresh "D" manifold if you find one, my thinking the seal is fine, as it has low use since new.  The Mikuni manifolds seem a bit off.

I will post my diagram as soon as I finish all my measurements and get my scanner working....but it looks like the I-VM36-200-1 with modifications could be used ??....only thing is the cylinder itself has an inset of about 4 mm which may prove to be challenging.

Still tinkering, ideas would be helpful.

Victor

Dale Fisher

Victor,
Just sent you this via email.  Something here may work?  Cut and past to browser if the hyperlink doesn't work.

http://www.justatv.com/pages/atv_carbinlet_connectors/carbboots.htm
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Merlin

Put a plate on the cylinder large enough to allow you to put a common carb holder on it if you turn the holder a bit to miss the original bolt pattern.

Quote: Thomas Jefferson, We are all born ignorant, some work to remain that way.
 Quote:Peter Villacaro, "it is impossible to teach those that wish not to be taught".
Quote: Thomas Jefferson, We are all born ignorant, some work to remain that way.
 Quote:Peter Villacaro, \\"it is impossible to teach those that wish not to be taught\\".

VICTOR MONZ

Pictures and "rough" diagram of damaged unit, for evaluation and assistance.  Please note the measurements aren't perfect, as is the drafting.

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

Thanks for all the help and assistance, I would prefer a fresh "D" nos or a good used unit would be greatly appreciated, or help matching up the closest avaiable new unit we can find to modify to fit.

Victor

firstturn

Victor,
  The last one I had to build I just ordered a universal manifold and put a front fork seal behind it (engine side) to make up the space.   I believe it was a 32mm (or 35mm I can't remember) seal.  I just put some sealer around the seal and it worked fine!  I hope this helps.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

VICTOR MONZ

I know we covered this before...where did you get your universal manifold ?  Mikuni ?

I believe we used a 32 seal...I have a couple to try.

Thanks Ron.

Victor

firstturn

Victor,
  Sudco is where I used to get my manifolds.  I haven't bought one in a while.  Here is something to read.

http://www.pentonusa.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9380&SearchTerms=Sudco

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

VICTOR MONZ

Looks like Sudco is the place to go....next weekends project.

Thanks for all the help...this time I'll do it !

Victor

sixdazed

Victor,Been fighting off a case of the flu the past couple days.Hope to get out in the garage in the morning and will check my cylinders then.Thanks,Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

VICTOR MONZ

Thanks for all the help.
:)
Victor

sixdazed

Victor,Today is my first day back to work-had "walking pneumonia",brochitis,etc. and spent the last 5 days in bed or riding the couch.I'm real busy right now catching up but i'll try and call you tonite.
                Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

rob w

I found this on a D cylinder yesterday.
It sorta looks homemade - and yet it does'nt ?
------------------------------------------------------------------  

------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------

David Laite

The racetrack (base) portion is a thermostat housing, hose bib from gawd knows what. Nice weld, that'll do!

1973 Penton Six Day
1973 Penton Jackpiner
1982 Yamaha XT200
1982 Yamaha XJ650J Maxim
1984 Husqvarna 400WR
1987 Yamaha YZ490
2005 Honda CRF450R
1973 Penton Six Day
1973 Penton Jackpiner
1982 Yamaha XT200
1982 Yamaha XJ650J Maxim
1984 Husqvarna 400WR