OVBSA RR

Started by paul a. busick, April 28, 2010, 01:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul a. busick

Hi fellow POGers,
 The Ohio Valley BSA Reliability Run is just around the corner. Make plans to ride this event. I would not miss it for the world. The OVBAS would like everybody to ride old bikes, but bring whatever you have and make it look street legal and as quiet as you can.  I think they have an arrangement with the local law enforcement.  Don't do stupid on the road section and you should have no problems.  This is kind of a dual sport ride and in some cases (weather depending) can be ridden on a road bike. But if you want to have a real blast, bring your vintage dirt and really enjoy yourself. Bring your camera too, there are some really neat things to see along the way. INFO available at Ohio Valley BSA Club site.
 See you down Old Dusty :D,
 Amherst Paul

OhioTed

Thanks for the reminder, Paul.  I'll be there.  The BSA meet has something for everyone.  Besides the Reliability Run (vintage-friendly Dual-Sport ride), there are Vintage Trials, themed road rides (Breakfast Runs, Dinner Runs, Lucas Night Runs, etc), a swap meet, and cool vintage bikes a-plenty.  I'm looking to ride the Reliability Run on a '72 Honda 250 Motosport, and Bob Wark and I are both planning to bring our sidecar rigs for road rides.  We'll be looking for passengers, in case anyone is interested.  So for a low-cost, big fun good time, surrounded by vintage motorcycles, head on down to Toronto, Ohio the weekend of June 4-6.  Camping is easy and inexpensive, shower facilities are on site, and it's a real nice place, to boot.  Don't miss out.  See you there!

marsattacks

Very low-key and fun event. I will plan to ride probably the Harescrambler or the MC5400 this year after two last year's DNF on the Bultaco.  Past years have included plenty of Pentons, a nice Zuendapp, Hercules, BSA, BMW G/S, Ossas, Montesas, etc.  And vintage trials too all in a campground footprint small enough to make it really easy to get around.

Mars Attacks!

Mars Attacks!
68 Planetary/Lunar Lander (very sadly, sold with Gamma death-ray to the Italians)
78 400 MC5 also sadly sold
79 space rock shox bike