Motoplat / stator wire housing....

Started by rob w, May 11, 2010, 11:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

Hi

What is the best way (material and installation) to replace the brittle, cracked and broken wire housing (the black outer housing that covers the wires running from the stator - to the coil connections).

And also in a way that it looks original.

Thank you for your assistance.
Bob W

joe novak

Hello Bob,  What comes to mind first is that heat shrink material which is commonly used to wrap around electrical wires.   I wonder what colors and diameter is comes in.  I know it comes in a diameter close to that which is needed.   Thanks, joe

firstturn

Bob,
  I normally buy the heat shrink on line or at the local NAPA store if they have it in stock.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

TGTech

Bob,

If you go to an electrical supply store, normally they have "long" (3 feet) heat shrink. I've purchased that items from a local electric supply.

Dane

garrettccovington

There is a company called "Ford Electronics" at the end of Fullerton Airport in Fullerton CA that sells High Temp wire and heat Shrink tubing.  I had to rebuild my 98 BMW GS1100 pickup coils and was able to get the wire and tubing from them.  Saved myself a zillion dollars.

G

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

firstturn

Here is Fords's website.  This is a neat place and several of my Friends in SoCal buy from there.

http://www.fordelectronics.com/

How many Zeros in  Zillion?;)

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

rob w

Very good, I appreciate that.
That's the plan.
Thank you all for your help.
Have a great day.
Bob