Memorial Day racing in Kansas City

Started by Jeff D, May 09, 2010, 09:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff D

Curtis Harper and family are again hosting Memorial Day weekend vintage racing in Greenwood, MO, just east of Kansas City.  Vintage hare scrambles on Saturday, Veterans (as in army, navy, USAF, Marines) race on Saturday, father/son racing on Saturday, holeshot competition, full slate of vintage and post-vintage motocross on Sunday, swap meet in the pits all weekend, food and camping on site, just one heckuva fun time, satisfaction guaranteed.  Check out the full schedule and directions at //www.movmx.com.  

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

cubfan1968

This event is alot of fun. Did a little tailgatin and got to watch Teddy Landers run away from the field in the open class. Good food, good racin' and Pentons winnin' don't get no better than that.

Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

Tom Fox

I agree 100 percent. If you want to come to MOVMX event this is the one.  This is the biggest of the year. Great times for the whole family. Curtis really puts on a great event.

Tom

Jeff D

Curtis posted this over on the MOVMX website this evening, //www.movmx.com, where you can find the complete weekend schedule.  This is a Harper family affair.  Curtis runs sign up, his wife heads the scoring crew, his mom is usually manning the gate, and his dad makes sure the track is watered, parking/camping area mowed, plenty of firewood, etc.  Plenty of racing fun all weekend!

Thanks to Rich Newman, Jimmy Trickett, and Mark Morris for helping me get the hare scramble loop cut in. We have several new technical sections plus the long grass sections you love so much. Already test by novice, intermediate and expert riders and given a big thumbs up.

Thanks much to my fathers commitment to having more large farm tools than everyone else, we got all the hay cut today. As long as the winds keep up, we should be in excellent shape.

There is still water standing on most parts of the track area, but I have several ideas on what to do to make it a great track. Just plan on gearing up and having a great time.

I do have a request of everyone please. Mowing today saw a bit more trash left over from November, specifically plastic water and gatorade bottles. Please take one last look around when you leave. Also if you have a small fire at your camp, (and that is perfectly OK), please douse all your left over wood and once it's cooled off, throw it over in the woods or in the trash. Wood chunks really fly out from under mowers. This weekend is all for your enjoyment and we want this to be the one weekend you remember and talk about all year, just give us five more minutes and take a look before you leave.

I have again had calls from at least seven states about this weekend and really look forward to it being great. The weather is starting to look pretty darn good. And the pile of wood for the bonfire slightly resembles a small apartment complex after a tornado.

Gates will be open friday for early arrivals. Come on in, set your camp and get comfortable, It's gonna be a blast.

See everybody here.
Curtis

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell