CMF Repro Alloy Fenders

Started by iyaoyas, May 30, 2010, 12:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iyaoyas

Looking for feedback from anyone who has purchased & installed a set of the reproduction alloy fenders available on E-Bay from "parmabike" out of Pompano Beach.  I'm interested to know of any fitment or quality issues.  Parmabike has been kind enough to offer me a set of these fenders at cost for my Berkshire I'm working to prepare for the AMA photo shoot @ VMD.  These fenders would really look good on my bike but even at 'cost' they're still a bit spendy.  

Good used alloy fenders, like the smaller bullet-style headlights (which I'm still looking for one of), are just about impossible to locate...

Thanks-

marsattacks

Steven u might search this site for enfield fenders if u
want to consIder alternatives. Bultaco.com hughs might also be a source but not sure of curvature. Won't be exact but then maybe close enough will do. Good luck. :)
Mars Attacks!
68 Planetary/Lunar Lander (very sadly, sold with Gamma death-ray to the Italians)
78 400 MC5 also sadly sold
79 space rock shox bike

tofriedel

Steve,

Parmabike imports these fenders from Italy, maufactured by Pillon Dorino.  Their web site is http://www.pillondorino.com/HomePage

Pillon Dorino was the original manufacturer for Penton/KTM metal parts going back to the beginning. They made fenders, number plates, pipes, kick stands, etc.

I recently sent them an original silencer from a 1981 KTM 495 MC which they have reproduced and offering them for sale world wide.  To my knowledge, Parmabike is the only distributor in the USA.

I purchased a set of fenders from them a few years ago and matched them against a set that was known to be original.  It was a perfect match.

Tony
Tony

Ron

I got a set of Royal Enfield fenders.
The rear has to be cut to fit and the front is made to mount down on the tire. The radius is not correct when mounted up under the triple clamp. Looks a little weird.
Plus you have to polish them yourself.
Not a good option IMO, unless you can't find anything else.
Ron

iyaoyas

I appreciate the feedback and have decided to purchase the fenders from Parmabike.  Now if I can just find a nos or restorable bullet-style headlight...  

Thanks to all who have replied!

Ron

Should've added this before, here's what the Enfield fenders look like.
I found a correct one and changed it.

Ron