Mark Augustine severly injured

Started by Paul Danik, July 03, 2010, 06:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

A number of you over the years have gotten to know Mark Augustine, he has ridden KTM's for many years and was a KTM dealer at one time.  Mark was very severely injured last Sunday while trail riding.  He was leading a group of riders and somehow collided with a quad, the force of the impact broke Mark's KTM in half. Mark was life flighted out and the list of his injuries is quite extensive, his condition is very serious.

Mark is the younger brother of my best friend and mentor Bob Augustine who passed away at VMD a number of years ago during the moto-cross.

Paul

swamp fox

Praying for a full recovery for your friend Paul. May you get to ride some more with him.

Bobby

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

joe novak

Paul,  So sorry to hear of Mark's serious injury.  He and his family will be in my prayers.   Please keep us updated with his condition.  Joe

brian kirby

I hate to hear about this. My greatest fear is oncoming traffic on trails. I will not ride somewhere that has two way trails, but even then it can happen.

Brian
Brian

Paul Danik

From what I understand the collision occurred on a turn on a railroad right of way along side a set of railroad tracks, as many of you know those are usually traveled at a fairly good clip. A perfect storm set of circumstances.

Mark is in very good physical condition and hopefully the situation will improve.

Paul