NON-PENTON VERY TRICK 1974 100MX YAMAHA-SOLD

Started by Larry Perkins, July 21, 2010, 02:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry Perkins

For Sale-VERY TRICK 1974 100 MX Yamaha.  2008 AHRMA 100cc National Championship bike.  Was recently 1st at AHRMA Casey National and 2nd at the AMA Vintage Grand Nationals(Got beat by a 120 pound 15 year old):)

Engine is ported and polished, head is milled, crank has been turbo cut for better spin, has PVL ignition, hand built JEMCO pipe, YZ125 frontend with 21 inch alloy wheel, NJB rear shocks, wide pegs, bigger carb, done in black with special graphics and black plastic.  Fresh motor & tires.

This is a BAD TO THE BONE Tiddler!  If you want to WIN the 100 Class and you can keep it gassed this is the shortcut to a Championship.

$1300 or best trade or offer.  For $200 more you get a load of spares both new and used.

I can be reached at [email protected] for questions or pics.  It can also be seen on eBay.  Thanks for the space.

Larry P

pakala

This would be a good bike for the up coming Marty Tripes 100cc Works Revenge race. It is looking like 30-40 100's will be showing up in Texas!
           Pablo

firstturn

Larry,
  This is a great bike....I would have that much in an engine.  I hope someone in Houston buys it for the Rio Race.  I will send out some emails.  Congrats on your Big Wins at Mid Ohio.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Larry Perkins

Thanks Brother Ron.  It is another one of those that McNicol Racing bought for me to race at Mid-Ohio with the understanding I would get it sold afterwards.  It wails for a 100!  

As seems to be my pattern, I got double lucky at Mid-Ohio and could not have even gotten there without several people's help.  There is not much I accomplish that you don't have a hand in through love, guidance, and swift rear end kicking.  LOL!  I am lucky to have you and others like Al Buehner in my corner.  Thanks to all, especially you my Brother.

Larry P

firstturn

Thanks Larry, but you are the one doing all the hard work.....Please send me a picture of the bike to my email address in case someone wants the bike.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

t20sl

Larry:
Please correct me if I am wrong but I thought using 125 parts on a 100 was not legal. I do know that AHRMA said no de-bored Elsinores were allowed even though it was done in the day.
thanks, Ted

Larry Perkins

Ted,

Forks are okay to switch and the Hodaka guys do it all the time.  I think that is the only 125 thing on this.  No motor components.  This bike has passed AHRMA tech quite a few times in 2008 and at Casey just recently.

Larry P

firstturn

Ron Carbaugh

pakala

Ron,
I hope to see that bike at the Marty Tripes Vintage Days at Rio Bravo. About twenty 100cc works revenge racers are coming from Socal. They will be hauled out in the newly rebuilt Tripes Cycleliner.
 Marty is working on Steve Wise and Marty Smith to have them race in the 100cc class!! I also hear Tommy Croft is waiting for a works Hodaka Super Rat?!?!?!  Hope to see you in November!
               Paul(socal)

Larry Perkins

It is SOLD!  When you snooze you lose.  I am not sure If I can be there but the bike will be there and it will have a pretty darn fast Texan aboard.

Larry P

firstturn

Paul,
  Sounds good and it will be fun to visit with you and your Wrecking Crew.  Rio is in Great shape thanks to the new owner.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

pakala

Larry and Ron,
Those Texas boys are already talkin trash. They cann't wait to open a can of woop-ass on The Socal Wreckin crew. You boys best hold on when the "Typhoon Tripes Cycleliner" comes rollin across the Lone Star state. We be a coming..........
             Pablo Cruz

firstturn

You don't hear me talking trash.......[8D].  I hope we have a good race.  Looking forward to seeing you Paul.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh