Thankyou John Durrill for jeting specifications

Started by Doug Bridges, August 15, 2010, 07:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Bridges

John posted a scanned article recently to a post that started out on Mikuni carbs. The article included proper jetting specs for Bing carbs that have had the 40-404 atomizer installed. I recently put a 40-404 in my 30mm Bing on my Jackpiner, but it just didn't run well. After reading that article I realized that I needed some different jetting to go with the new atomizer and was able to get everything that was needed except a #1 slide. Mine has a #2, but the guy from Bing said that it wouldn't make too much difference. With all the new jets and a new needle my Jackpiner now runs perfect. It starts on first kick, idles perfect and has great smooth power all the way though the power band.
Thanks again!

Doug Bridges
73 Jackpiner
74 Jackpiner/FrankenPenton
project
82 XR200R
Doug Bridges
73 Jackpiner
74 Rickman Zundapp
78 Suzuki PE175
82 XR200R

john durrill

Doug,
 Thank John Penton , Doug Wilford , Carl Cranke , Jack , Jeff , Tom Penton for that.
 Its and old flier sent to dealers back in the early 70's to help us set the bikes up for customers.
They deserve ALL the credit not me.
john d.

Doug Bridges

Yes John, I am thankful to all of these men. I do appreciate you making that flyer available to the forum though. I had searched high and low through previous posts and had come up with some specs, but they were not the ones that you supplied and they did not work for my bike. Mine is set up with stock deck height and timeing set exactly to specs in the manual. The jetting specs that are in the flyer you posted hit the nail on the head for my 175. I am very happy! :)

Doug Bridges
73 Jackpiner
74 Jackpiner/FrankenPenton
project
82 XR200R
Doug Bridges
73 Jackpiner
74 Rickman Zundapp
78 Suzuki PE175
82 XR200R