Goon wheelie loopout in the pits

Started by brian kirby, September 21, 2010, 10:31:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brian kirby

How not to do a wheelie for the cameras...

This is the start of Sunday at Westpoint, and until I get back up off the ground and get going again, about 5 minutes. When I hit the ground it messes up the recorder so the screen gets kinda garbled but you can still make out what is going on and you can hear everything. Pay attention a little bit after I lay down my Dad gives me his hand to lift me up and I say "I dont want to get up yet". LOL, its hilarious now, but I was hurting when it happened.

http://www.vimeo.com/15148336

More video of tests to come....

Brian
Brian

JCHubbard

It was pretty funny -- Glad to see you were okay and could laugh about it.:D
JC Hubbard

Dave Mitchell

Brian, I have had similar incidents near porta johns and have had many other riders come forward with tales of porta wrecks. Strange coincidence, we'll never know.
Dave

garrettccovington

Just saw it on Facebook!  You know, you've now passed Lady Gaga as the most watched video!!!! LOL.... Glad to hear your OK.  We've all done stuff like that.  Come to think of it,  I actually hit a Porta John once.

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

Tennessee Vol

Whew!! [:0] Brian that was a hooot:D:D

I did not know it was that cool[:p] I heard about it out on the trail that someone flipped it in the camp--but forgot about it.

I ain't ever gooneed it it up like that.I was laughing so hard watching the video with my wife,she asked how old you were I had to pause it to wipe out my eyes.I told her you was 10 days older than I was--she thought it was a kid on the bike.

Look up Gary Copeland up at the Reunion Ride let him tell you his story of doing the exact same thing at Tellico Planes Qualifier in 1977 on a IT175 in front of 100's of people!!

Great story to talk about for years.

Bojo
Bobby Stults

Gordon Brennan

I wasn't going to reply, but I'll have to admit I was laughing BEFORE I even saw the video. Hope your ok. Back about 30 years ago my best friend was lined up for an enduro, but it was a motocross start. On the fence was this girl that he really liked and was trying to impress. He told me before the race to make sure I saw the start. I did and so did she. He wheelied out of the gate for about 50 feet and then went over, leaving him all alone, with everyone else long gone and him picking up the bike and trying to start it. She wasn't impressed, but we all got a good laugh out of it.

I should say, my buddy was the wheelie king in the area. He could pull a controlled wheelie for miles. Even in the woods.

Lew Mayer

Lew Mayer

tooclose racing

The suspense...the build-up...I was on the edge of my seat!

Thanks - I think this takes some of the heat off of my self-induced stuck open throttle "event".

Roberto

dennis foley

bob, dont forget  a bunch of us saw  your race. the heat is not off.

marsattacks

Hope you got some good snaps from the photog -- doesn't look like the bike speared him.  Just kidding hope you are ok you flail that 400 nicely.
Mars Attacks!
68 Planetary/Lunar Lander (very sadly, sold with Gamma death-ray to the Italians)
78 400 MC5 also sadly sold
79 space rock shox bike

tooclose racing

Quotequote:Originally posted by dennis foley

bob, dont forget  a bunch of us saw  your race. the heat is not off.

Fortunately or unfortunately...the video of my "Bob - meet God..." stunt has not surfaced.  Yet.

BTW Dennis- I'm heading down to our NE region's last XC race at Plymouth Flat Rock (?) in PA.  Got about a 3.5 hour drive starting at Zero Dark Thirty tomorrow morning.  This will relieve some of my guilt, having not hit any of the previous FOUR XC events that our local AHRMA chapter has sponsored and put on.  Bringing my Orange Crush (MC5) to see if I can figure out how to ride this bad boy in the woods.  Kirby's endo has given me new hope for short people on big bikes. [}:)]