Just got to shake my head

Started by cubfan1968, September 18, 2010, 08:50:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cubfan1968

Yesterday I got a call that the local Victory dealer is moving locations and needs his signs moved to the new location. (I'm in the sign business) While at the location taking inventory a couple of customers plus the shop owner were outside watching a guy on a Victory check out his new pipes. The owner says to me "sound good don't they" I replied, "sure do" he said to me, "do you ride?" I said, "you bet, I ride a Penton". He and the rest of the group said they had never heard of a Penton. Keep in mind now all these guys were 45-60 years old at least. I guess back in the day that some guys were really into DIRT BIKES others just rode them.

Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

OhioTed

Don't never give up, Rod.  I was at a big auto swap meet yesterday, wearin' my Penton "colors", of course.  Wasn't 20 feet inside the gate when a fellow stopped me and said, "Hey, I'm just getting into vintage bikes - what is a 'Penton'?  Well, I gave him a capsule summary of JP & Penton Imports, and provided him a business card with my name, e-mail address, and the POG website address on it.  He was very interested, and said he would look in on us.  There's one more enthusiast introduced to the wonderful world of Penton.  Got's to keep trying!

cubfan1968

Thought about the speech, but then I would need to talk about Ossa, Bultaco, Super Hunky and Dirt Bike magazine, Husqvara's made in Sweden, John Penton, Malcom Smith, On Any Sunday, Edison Dye, Greeves, Hodoka,and on and on. Had work to do so I moved on.

I will be wearin' my Penton colors at the MX of Nations next weekend in Colorado. Now there will be some dirt bike type minds there!!

Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)