Don Burgess Memorial Event

Started by Mike Burgess, October 02, 2010, 10:17:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Burgess

I've been very sick but i just thought i would post a picture of the Plaque's that being given out for the 1st annual "Don Burgess" Memorial race which is Oct.10th in Hammond,La.it all started with the Sach's 80 for me and this is my bike that Dad restored before he passed away.And yes, This is the first Sach's Dad raced in our area of the woods. It's been in the family since the day i got it.Next Year's Plaque will have a pic of Dad riding his first steel tanker with the patented Leroy Winters tip cigarello in his mouth. It's a LACC event that my nephew Nicholas is promoting. Anyone intrested in the event or a copy of the plaques can contact Nick Burgess @ Competition Cycle's Ranch 225-313-7014 or you can go to the LACC's website @ AcadianRacing.com to see a pic of Dad in action of the Sach's 80.

tofriedel

The was a slight mis-spelling of the web site.  The correct site address is - http://www.acadianaracing.com/

Tony
Tony

Jack Penton

Hi Mike,

Hope you are feeling better.
That picture of your dad brings back

Jack Penton

Sorry I missed a shift on that last post! Anyway

I also learned to ride on a Sachs 80 that was a hand-me-down from my brother Tom. Hundreds maybe thousands of laps around two trees in a sand pit. Wow that was long time ago.

Thanks for the memories

Take care and get well.

Jack

firstturn

Mike,
  I would like to attend, but it its too short notice.  Maybe next year. :)

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Dwight Rudder

I would have loved to attend too.  Lynda, Don's wife called me Saturday to let me know about the event. I had already committed being at Barber's Vintage festival and making a mad dash Saturday evening down to the SERA Enduro at Camp Shelby, Ms.  (My wife is SERA Sec / Tres).   I hope it goes well.
Dwight