ARX this weekend!!!

Started by garrettccovington, November 02, 2010, 09:50:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garrettccovington

This weekend will be the ARX race at GLen Helen.  They moved up the date and combined the racing with MTA (Who ever they are) Look on the ARX (american retrocross) website for dates and times.  They also moved up the race time and be aware the clocks get changed this weekend.

I'll be there, not sure if I'm racing though.   I had one of the slowest most painful crashes, EVER, at the last event. The bike and myself got banged up pretty good.  

Note:  If you go, Avoid the Mud Holes in the corners.

G

G

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

Lloyd Boland

It is the World Vet Championship.  Several prior motocross champions are scheduled to race in the 30+ and 40+ races on Saturday and Sunday according to the Glen Helen website.  It is fun to race on the REM vintage friendly track and then look over and see these guys clearing 40-50 foot doubles on modern bike, and remember these guys are not kids any more, but still very, very fast.  Have a great day.

Get a hole shot for me.

Lloyd Boland

From ARX:

We just put the finishing touches on an all new vintage track for Round #11 this weekend at Glen Helen. We really opened up the overall layout and are confident that you are going to dig it! Motocross legend Broc Glover has been chosen to receive the Edison Dye Award this year. We should be finished racing in time to catch the presentation ceremony at 12:30 on Glen Helen's Walk of Fame. Weather report is indicating perfect racing weather in the high 60's! See you Sunday!

Sign-up starts at 8am
Practice at 9am
Races begin promptly at 10am

Looks like a good weekend with the Edison Dye Award, the World Vet Championship, ($6000 purse on Sunday for the +30 race), and being able to race vintage, post-vintage, decade and modern bikes on a vintage friendly track.

garrettccovington

Thanks for the info Lloyd!  I'll be there, but dang,, I'm still sore!  Of couse,, NOW,,, the bike runs great (thanks to POGS help) but I can barely move.

Sounds like fun.  Hey I was enjoying watching the modern bikes on the other track at the last couple of races.

G

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

cdb50mx

Garrett , were you waving to everyone on your way down in that crash ? [:0]

pakala

Garrett,
My brother Mike wanted me to post this pic. Hopefully it is not for the purpose of giving you a hard time about waving like the "Queen of England":-)
        Pablo

garrettccovington

NOT YOU GUYS TOO!!Your Killin me!!! I'm tellin you your killin me! LOL!!!

Hey,,,I'm gonna tell ya, the ARX guys are the best.  I've had so much fun "racing" this year with them you wouldn't believe it.  I think racin would be calling it a stretch. In my case, it's more like ridin around looking for the photographer.  I'm usually the last one across the finish line, but I've had the time of my life.

I really do owe you guys a big thanks too.  With everyone's input,  I've been able to get my 6-Day running and my 79 MC80 running fantastic.

I was actually waving to all my adoring fans (Mike in the background) after I clinched the
Gruelling,,2010, 250cc, EVO-2, air cooled, drum brakes, non linkage suspension, Pro-novice class, ARX World Championship of the World!

Hey,, I can't help it if 6 billion Chinese didn't show up to race. I invited them too!

Lloyd, Fred, Mike, and Victor all race ARX and it is alot of fun.  If your in the neighborhood you need to come out.

Defending my title is going to be tough for 2011, I hurt my shoulder (I fell in the Sept race)and I think its going to need surgery, but as soon as its better, I'll be back on the track.  I shouldn't have been at that race, but I needed to finish 17th or better to clinch the title.

G

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

Lloyd Boland

Garrett, are you going to the December race?
I think the doc has given me the OK to play ride over thanksgiving, so we are going out to Cal City for a couple days over thanksgiving to just try the body out.  If everything goes OK, I am thinking of trying the December race at Glen Helen, with or without clearance.
Lloyd

garrettccovington

Oh yea Lloyd,  I'll be there!  I'm getting better very, very slowly, but I'll be there!!!  Hope to see you there.

G

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250