Off Topic Ossa Trials Bike

Started by Gordon Brennan, November 28, 2010, 05:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon Brennan

I am selling my Ossa Trials bike, as my Penton will be what I'll be competing on and the Ossa has been sitting in the garage, not being used.
This bike has been rebuilt from the bottom up. A complete tear down to the frame. Frame and all related pieces have been blasted and repainted. New parts throughout. Cables, levers, grips, pegs, wheel bearings, brakes, tubes, tires, (Dunlop D803's), fenders, custom seat, rear TLR shocks and more. Entire exhaust has been ceramic coated and the motor has been completely rebuilt, both top and bottom end, by Alex Snoop. I have competed with the bike since I restored it. However, I had the motor rebuilt after the restoration was done, so the motor has been started and broken in, but has zero miles on it.
The tank could use an interior coating, and I will include a Caswell Tank Coating Kit with the bike. I have the kit, but always empty the tank after use anyhow and never got around to doing it. Bike is in great condition and is more than capable of competing at any level of Vintage Trials.
I would like to get $2500.00 for it, which is far less than what I have in to it. If someone wants to make an offer, (after actually seeing it) I would consider that too. [email protected]

firstturn

What size, year model and where is it located?

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Jeff D

Without knowing a thing personally about the bike, it is a pretty sure bet that it is a 250cc Plonker, probably 72, 73 or so.  If it has a Snoop motor in it, I can guarantee the engine is the last thing you'll have to worry about.  Alex does top-notch work.

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

Gordon Brennan

Sorry, The bike is a 1973 250cc. It was originally an Explorer, but I converted it to an MAR. I left the Explorer tank on so I could get more miles per fill up. The bike is located in CT. I competed with it in New England, New York and at VMD.
Feel free to contact Alex to ask about the motor and the bike.
If you would like more pictures or close-ups, let me know.
Thanks, Gordon

checkcrew

Just a note here:

i know Gordon and have personally seen his bikes,
his detail and craftmenship on his bike builds are top notch !!
add a new Alex Snoop motor in the equasion and this bike is a sweet buy for anyone looking to get into Vintage Trials or a nice addition to your collections !!

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]