Started by rob w, January 13, 2011, 06:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

firstturn

'70 or '71?

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

marsattacks

Ha ha so cool Bob you have a great eye for finds! Realizing that it is a highly subjective topic and not meaning to offend, did you ever ask yourself how mankind's pinnacle era of motorcycle design could possibly coincide with the absolute low point for housing, clothing, hairstyle, etc?

Back to the point if you like real Jawas then check isdt.eu on the others' bikes pages.
Mars Attacks!
68 Planetary/Lunar Lander (very sadly, sold with Gamma death-ray to the Italians)
78 400 MC5 also sadly sold
79 space rock shox bike

rob w

Hi Guys, It's a 1971 Penton 125, V 5301.
Starts and runs okay. Cases are not broken.
Comes with a pipe, (locked in someone else's garage) I'll have to go back to Flint and get it next week.
Missing gas tank, and air filter assembly.
I'll tell you how the deal went down later, got to run at6 the moment.
Bob

thrownchain

Make a nice snowmobile..

firstturn

Thanks and the right side of the frame looks good?

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

joe novak

Notice the top triangular braces on the rear engine mount....   likely 1971 model.   Joe

firstturn

Joe,
  Good point, but read on.  The braces you are talking about were an update on 1970 models and available from Penton if requested.  That is why I ask for the frame number.  I have a letter that was sent out by Doug Wilford to a customer along with the braces.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Paul Danik

That is so cool, no pun intended :)

I am curious to know if the guy felt he had a Jawa or a Penton. The old girl looks to be in pretty decent shape.

Paul

garrettccovington

Believe it or not,,, I actually like the tank.  Maybe adjust it a little bit, paint it green/white like a steel tanker, put on a set of decals, Maybe a short seat.  This will keep everybody guessing.  Promote it as the "Supercross Lites" Penton.

Don't throw the tank away, I'm interested in it.

G

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

cubfan1968

Bob, American Pickers ain't got nothin' on you. Good find!!!

Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

Dale Fisher

Here's the listing for the curious.  Bob was probably on the road by 4:00PM! <and I had just checked the KTM listings and didn't see it>

old ktm dirtbike

Date: 2011-01-12, 3:32PM EST

this bike runs had broke clutch cable i am missing the tank but have one that fits.its a 125 sachs motor will sell or trade for other bike/quad.make offer

So many projects, so little time!
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry