\\\'73 Berkshire 100
\\\'74 125 six day
\\\'74 Mint 400
\\\'74 Maico 440
\\\'72 Mudlark
\\\'81 RM125
\\\'82 RM250

Larry Perkins

Too cool!  Everytime I see something on Steve I fondly remember the 2 weeks a friend and I skipped High School to be extras in "The Get Away" which was filmed in San Marcos, Texas.  We pestered Steve everyday and he was always patient and gracious visiting with us and took great interest in our riding stories.  He even introduced us and we visited for a time one day with Ali McGraw.  Steve was truely "The King of Cool" in my book and always will be.

Larry P

Paul Danik

Larry,

That is a neat story.  Have you ever been able to find yourselves in the movie?  

Paul

Larry Perkins

Thanks Paul.  It was a great time and even better memory.  I never tire of telling the story.  Steve shared a lot of things with us also. He said he often wished he could just ride without someone being on him for it as the studios would forbid it.  He encouraged us to ride for the sake of riding and that fast would follow.  Cool advice like that would take years to sink in but is always eventually remembered.  When Steve died of Cancer I cried like I had lost an old friend.

As far as the movie goes, I can find my buddy and I in a scene where we are just walking down the sidewalk but we are across the street from the actual shot.  I know it is us because they had to redo it so many times but we would need some blow-up to get real visual confirmation.  I was also an extra in a movie called "The Day After" when I lived in Lawrence, Kansas and it is the same way.  I was in a scene as a injured person in Allen Fieldhouse but it is a pulled back shot and there are hundreds of us all bandaged up.  I know I was there but not sure where.  Kind of like the 60's and 70's for a few of us.  LOL!

Larry P

gooddirt

The bike and those items went for around $70,000 maybe six or seven years ago . As most know Steve had more than one Husky.