Another One Gone, The Herd's Getting Thin

Started by Dennis Jones, April 15, 2011, 11:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Jones

Well my custom 1974 100cc motor crosser has gone to a new home and until I come up with another Penton/Wassell trials my Jackpiner is the lone Penton in the stable.

I hope the new owner is not abusive to her ;)

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

checkcrew

Dennis,

i am sure the lucky Lady will be easy on her [:X]

sweet build !!!

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

G Ellis

I think that this bike is just waiting to go out there and mix it up. You know these little bikes don't like to set in the garage.  I bet with that special tuned motor she runs sweet. Hope the new owner takes care of that one.    [:p][:p] Later Gary

Gordon Brennan

Wow, I really like that bike Dennis. Wouldn't mind one of those for the ACR series. Very nice!! Was the bike in the classified section? If you don't mind me asking, I'd be interested if you emailed me what it sold for and some more information about the bike.
Thanks, Gordon
[email protected]

jeff greenberg

Dennis, she's a beauty!  Like a piece of art.
JG

Dennis Jones

Thanks for the compliments Guys. This bike was not advertised for sale as it had been spoken for a long time ago if I decided to sell it.

I built it several years back to race in classic 125, AHRMA did not have a 100 class then. The frame had a little damage that needed repaired so while the torch and welder were out I decided to make it a MX specific bike. The down pipe is obvious but what may not be is that all unused mounting tabs have been removed and a custom alloy airbox and side panels made that gave the bike a very slim profile.

The first outing with it was at the AHRMA national at Moberly, MO where it won the cool bike award. Unfortunately the rider was not up to what the bike was capable of. I had a blue MX tank on it then and it really looked sharp with the blue shock springs.

I only took it out a few times after that and it mostly just sat until AHRMA approved a 100 Class. Gary Ellis and I were talking and he had a good 100 piston and cylinder so we started looking for a full finned 100 head. Like so many times Uncle Ronnie came to the rescue for hard to find parts.

With all the parts together Gary worked his magic on the top end and replaced the motoplat with a PVL. This thing hauls! I could not tell much difference from the 125.

We struck a deal that Gary would race it for a season then I would take the bike back or sell it to him. Well.......a dislocated knee on Gary's part kept this from happening and the bike went back to sitting until now so keep an eye out for it at track now.

As for price, I think I gave it away and Gary thinks he paid a fortune for it

PS Gary you still owe me a fender ;)

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Dennis, What or you going to ride when you come up and ride with me and Gary? If you ride the Pinner I'll have to ride mine, or I may have to ride my 420 to keep up with you and two. I'm going to have a Penton ride this summer and you and Gary or going to help. I'm thinning my stable also, two going out next week. L8er, Dave

xracer

hey big dave your thinning the herd and i keep adding to mine gary let me know on what we talked about for deb later when in doubt gas it