Brown Warner

Started by ABORN, March 23, 2011, 12:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABORN

I was informed last night of the passing of Brown Warner, formerly of the Cleveland area who was a great builder and rider of BSAs and Triumphs.  He specialized in riding TT tracks in the 60s and 70s and he also excelled on the Hare Scramble tracks.  My belief is that he rode Huskys in the later part of his career.  Brown worked in the engineering field and was very good at getting the most from a motorcycle engine.  He had lived the last few years in Ocala, Fla. and had recently suffered from Parkinsons disease. Brown was a well-liked rider that was very quiet and did his talking by twisting the throttle.  He will be missed by his friends and may he rest in peace.

joe novak

Al,  Thank you for informing everyone about Brown.  I remember him from years ago, too.   Keeping in touch with present and past friends and competitors is one of the best things about POG.  Joe

dennis brown

i recall r.brown warner coming to many hare scrambles and mx in a chevy elcameno with al chuppa both on open class huskys and both nice men and very good riders

dennis l.brown
dennis l.brown