Spokes

Started by adrian_goold, March 29, 2011, 10:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adrian_goold

Hi guys,

I am after some info for my '74 250 project on spokes.
I asked buchanan's for a quote to supply and they cam back with questions about hub widths and rims etc.
Has anyone purchased a set from these guys? or is there another company to deal with. Just after a set of stainless spoke/nipple combo, using Akront copy lipped rims from 'Parmabike' of ebay.
Even some specs on the spokes from the manual would be handy. I have an '81 manual that notes the lengths and angles etc, does the early parts book do the same?

Regards,
Adrian

Regards,
Adrian Goold #101
http://www.ozktm.com

'73 175 Rebuilt.
'74 400 Now Racing!
'78 250 running soon!
'81 250 Now Racing!
'81 495 Engine Work stage.
'84 125 Now racing!
'07 300
Regards,
Adrian Goold #101

Mike Leon

I can't help with rim and hub width but I ordered a set of spokes and rims for my Jackpiner project from Vintage Iron and they had all the info.  

Vintage Iron
714-694-0066
//www.vintageiron.com

Hope this helps.

Rocket

Adrian
I have a slightly used set of Buchanan SS spokes that will work for a full width front hub and a conical rear.  If you are interested, send me an email.
[email protected]

derek martin

I recently replaced a front hub on my 74.5 250 (has HiPoint rims -I don't know if this makes any difference)and learned in the process that there appears to be two different hubs that require different spokes. The hub spoke holes require either countersunk spoke ends (similar to the underside of a countersunk screw head) or the second type has a counterbored spoke fit which requires the underside of the spoke button to be flat. I didn't have to source any spokes as I robbed them from a spare wheel (Akront rims) with spokes that matched the new hub and laced properly into the HiPoint rims. Advice here then is there may be another spoke detail to match when sourcing replacements. Also remember when relacing that the front wheel is offset opposite the brake side to keep it centered in the forks (I found this out the hard way and was confused in a large way till I did a search on this forum and learned of the offset). Hope this helps - Derek Martin.