Vintage MX

Started by thrownchain, April 20, 2011, 10:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thrownchain

Anyone coming up to Cato, NY to race on April 30?

OUCWBOY

Wish I could, but I will be installing a computer networking system in Maryland that day!

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

dennis foley

dan, i should be there.

thrownchain

What about you Bob, too close racing going to be there?
Dennis, you racing?

dennis foley

yes, i will be racing

tooclose racing

I'll be there, Danny boy.  Not sure I'll ride the Six Day, but we'll definitely shake the dust off the MC5.  Bikes are in pieces and parts all over the garage as we speak - better late than never.  It'll be great to see ya, Dennis.  

Hope we get a good turn-out. And I hope it dries out a wee bit before next Saturday.

skiracer

Unfortunately I am planning on going down to PA for a little grass track action.
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

skiracer

Change of plans.... I decided to come up to finally meet you guys.  I am looking forward it!  I'll be on the MC 5 number 222, white van black trailer.  See you there!!

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1982 Suzuki PE 175
1976 Husqvarna 175GP
2002 KTM 200 EXC
2007 KTM 250 XCF
1979 KTM 250 GS (Project)
1981 KTM 250 (Project)
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

tooclose racing

The 76 Penton MC Hammer, I mean 5, is up and running.  Fresh rubber, fresh oil, and - showing I spare no expense when it comes to being one up on the competition - fresh fuel lines courtesy of the local Advance Auto Parts store.  

Moving on to the Six Day this evening, I first pulled the pipe for a fresh coat of barbeque grill paint and  - a pile of something falls out of the exhaust header and I stare into the cylinder exhaust port and find a pair of eyes looking at me!!  Okay fine - no eyes, just more ka-ka.  Geezus H. Kee-rist, a mouse  must have found a nice warm home in my Circle F pipe (uh..lets keep the ferret analogies to a minimum POGGERs).  Closer inspection reveals the piston is near top dead center, meaning Mickey and friends did not have an opportunity to check out my super secret porting.  I'll be honest - I am a lazy bastard.  I fired up the compressor - blew everything out of the exhaust port - then lowered the piston a bit, pulled the plug, and fired some air from that direction too.  A few squirts of lube, and the cylinder seems to be turning over just fine. Seems to be....

So....paint has been applied to pipe.  Hubs, spokes, and brakes have been cleaned, sanded, polished -whatever - and tomorrow night I'll work on replacing the chain I threw (and threw into the woods) at Hancock last year.  Fresh gearbox oil and copious amounts of carb cleaner and compressed air applied to my Mikuni should have my motor in good standing.  I will also be mounting a set of the Renthal Mini-Highs.  I LOVE these bars on my MC5 and the current Six Day (MSR alloy) handlebars are just too low.

Weather has been fantastic in the upstate.  Hasn't rained for two hours,  I mean days - no..weeks, yea...that's it - weeks.  Track conditions should be just - uh - ducky at the Cato facility.  Looking forward to racing with the AHRMA NE brothers and sisters this Saturday!!

Doctor Robert

Paul Danik

Below is a link for the track at Cato, NY. I was surprised to see how central it is to a lot of different areas. Good luck, have fun and please give a race report....a couple of pictures would be great also.

http://www.cato-mx.com/

Paul

skiracer

Quotequote:Originally posted by tooclose racing

The 76 Penton MC Hammer, I mean 5, is up and running.  Fresh rubber, fresh oil, and - showing I spare no expense when it comes to being one up on the competition - fresh fuel lines courtesy of the local Advance Auto Parts store.  

Moving on to the Six Day this evening, I first pulled the pipe for a fresh coat of barbeque grill paint and  - a pile of something falls out of the exhaust header and I stare into the cylinder exhaust port and find a pair of eyes looking at me!!  Okay fine - no eyes, just more ka-ka.  Geezus H. Kee-rist, a mouse  must have found a nice warm home in my Circle F pipe (uh..lets keep the ferret analogies to a minimum POGGERs).  Closer inspection reveals the piston is near top dead center, meaning Mickey and friends did not have an opportunity to check out my super secret porting.  I'll be honest - I am a lazy bastard.  I fired up the compressor - blew everything out of the exhaust port - then lowered the piston a bit, pulled the plug, and fired some air from that direction too.  A few squirts of lube, and the cylinder seems to be turning over just fine. Seems to be....

So....paint has been applied to pipe.  Hubs, spokes, and brakes have been cleaned, sanded, polished -whatever - and tomorrow night I'll work on replacing the chain I threw (and threw into the woods) at Hancock last year.  Fresh gearbox oil and copious amounts of carb cleaner and compressed air applied to my Mikuni should have my motor in good standing.  I will also be mounting a set of the Renthal Mini-Highs.  I LOVE these bars on my MC5 and the current Six Day (MSR alloy) handlebars are just too low.

Weather has been fantastic in the upstate.  Hasn't rained for two hours,  I mean days - no..weeks, yea...that's it - weeks.  Track conditions should be just - uh - ducky at the Cato facility.  Looking forward to racing with the AHRMA NE brothers and sisters this Saturday!!

Doctor Robert

Well, in the 70's there was the guy that did the Baja with a dog on his tank, maybe you can have a mouse on the tank instead.....

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1982 Suzuki PE 175
1976 Husqvarna 175GP
2002 KTM 200 EXC
2007 KTM 250 XCF
1979 KTM 250 GS (Project)
1981 KTM 250 (Project)
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa