CMF fork stems

Started by pklinck, May 15, 2011, 12:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pklinck

I have a triple tree on my 73 penton 125 i'm restoring which has pairs of allen screws which to secure each fork tube and stem down while the total length of the fork stem (ie. top of the threads to the bottom of the bottom tree is 10 inches in length.  my fork stem is bad and i need another one.  I got a hold of a triple tree and fork stem on ebay (for a penton) and it is only 9 and a quarter inches long top to bottom.  In addition, the trees are very different.  They only have one allen bolt holding the fork tubes down or tight and it has regular bolts (one each) holding the trees to the stem, rather than allen screws.

Cerani had several models of forks and t-trees during and for the 72-75 CMF period?

Does any one have a spare fork stem that fits my description above?  I would like to keep the original triple tree set up rather than replace it with the 72' penton model i just aquired.  My trees have also recently been spray painted with the frame to match. Ron, do you have any thoughts on this?

My phone number is 802/889-3585 or give me some feedback on this site.
Thanks

Peter Klinck
peter klinck

pklinck

Correction:  I noticed upon reviewing photos of the earlier front suspension cerianis for 72' CMF frames, the trees are the style of pairs of allen screws to fasten each fork tube and the fork stem, in the middle.

So my question is, does anyone have a fork stem for a 1972 penton 125 of this model they would like to sell?

Thanks, peter

peter klinck
peter klinck

pklinck

Correction:  I noticed upon reviewing photos of the earlier front suspension cerianis for 72' CMF frames, the trees are the style of pairs of allen screws to fasten each fork tube and the fork stem, in the middle.

So my question is, does anyone have a fork stem for a 1972 penton 125 of this model they would like to sell?

Thanks, peter

peter klinck
peter klinck

OUCWBOY

Peter,
do you just need the stem or the whole triple tree?

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

pklinck

Donny,

I need only the fork stem if you can sell it separately?  Measure it with the top tree off, it should be roughly 10 inches long to the bottom of the bottom tree, (assuming the stem is still assembled to the bottom tree).

email me for details.

peter klinck
peter klinck

OUCWBOY

Peter,
I have one!!!
here is my email:

oucwboy at aol.com

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

OUCWBOY

Peter
I responded to your mail but it says your box is full.

619-992-4297

Call tonight before 10pm central

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR