1977 175 intake manifold and carb question

Started by adrian_goold, April 04, 2002, 02:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adrian_goold

Can anyone tell me the size of the original Bing Carby used on this model?
Also, what other variations have people used with success. Any jetting specs appreciated.

Regards,
Adrian Goold
'73 175 running
'78 250 running soon!
'80 250 project
'81 495 project
'00 250exc running
Regards,
Adrian Goold #101

john durrill

adrain , my sons 75 came with a 30 mm bing. can get you the specs  for it if you like.
I am also interested in the jetting on a 30 mm Mikuni if any one has it. the needle , needle jet , slide cutaway and the air jet would be the most helpfull.
Peters 175 had a Mikuni on it and it ran so poorly we pulled it , cleaned up the old Bing and it runs fine now. We dont think anyone ever worked on getting the right combo of jets in the Mikuni.
John & Peter

Rocket

Adrian
I have a 77 175 GS6 and it came with a Lectron as original equipment.  I would have to measure the carb to see what size it is for sure.
Rocket

Steve Minor

I have an undated manual that says the 175 Jackpiner came with a 30mm Bing, 150 main jet, 30 pilot jet, 276 needle jet, needle set at position #3, and a 51-596 (shielded full body type) vaporizer.

Remember, I said the manual is UNDATED...but perhaps this will help.

Steve Minor

john durrill

Adrian,
 i have a 77 manual. Its showes a 36 mm lectron with rod #5 and a tuned length on the rod of 49 mm. Dwight or Rick Grant run Lectrons and may be able to help. Helmut Clasen sells a lot of lectrons and may be able to supply you with one or some help with the set up. His e-mail addy is [email protected]. My son , Peters 1975 175 has a 30 mm  Bing on it . main jet 145 , slide is a #2, needle jet is a 276 , pilot jet is a 30 with the needle at the second from the top  slot. His runs great with the Bing. We put in a new needle jet and slide. Both were worn.
Would recommend doing that if you use a Bing as they both wear quickly.
I have some jetting info on a 30 mm mikuni but know its not the right set up. it needs some jetting changes to be as good as the Bing.
John

Edited by - John Durrill on 04/06/2002  08:53:16 AM

adrian_goold

Thanks for your help guys!
Has anyone got an intake tube to suit the 36mm Lectron setup to suit the '77 175 barrel?

Adrian

Regards,
Adrian Goold
'73 175 running
'78 250 running soon!
'80 250 project
'81 495 project
'00 250exc running
Regards,
Adrian Goold #101

john durrill

adrian,
I scanned the pages from the 77 manual i have. send me an e-mail and i will forward them as an attachment. i have a note from Rick from last fall. he gave me some specs on a lectron  i can send that also if you like.
anyone else that would like them send me an e-mail and i will forward them to you.
[email protected]
John

Rocket

John
Would you send me the same info?  
thanks
Rocket
[email protected]

john durrill

Rocket ,
 its on the way even as we speak , chuckle chuckle
John

Rocket

John
I received the info, when I printed I only had every other page.  Would you mind sending again to my work email?
[email protected]
thanks
Rocket

Dr.2Stroke

hello Adrian: if the 73/175 was the same as the european model,then it came with a 30mm Bing. The 78 /250 had a Bing 36mm type 54,the 80/250 with type 54 Engine had a 38mm Bing Type 54,the 81 495 had a special 40mm powerjet Bing type 54.the 00/250 EXC should have a 40mm Keihin PWK.i Have a nearly new lectron carburettor,if there are any needs. regards Dr.2Stroke