great vintage DS event - next week!

Started by OhioTed, May 27, 2011, 08:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OhioTed

Yes, friends - it's time once again for the Ohio Valley BSA Owners Group's Spring Classic.  Next weekend, June 4th & 5th, the BSA folks play host to a great, run-what-you-brung, anything-goes, just-drop-in-and-have-fun, event.

There's dirt-cheap camping, a neat-o little swap meet, a vintage trials, food, cool bikes galore, and best of all . . . wait for it, wait for it . . . the Reliability Run!!!

Oh, yeah!  Bring out ANY old bike, and I mean ANY OLD bike, and enjoy a great day of bopping up and down hugely entertaining back roads and excellent trails, laid out by one exceptionally capable old Enduro rider chap by the name of Clark Francy, and assisted by - yours truly.  Yep, Clark puts in all the good stuff, while I try to sneak in some diabolical sections.  You're welcome.  

Figure on 60-70 miles of good times.  But, do me a favor and come prepared to follow the arrows.  Plus, being prepared to read a route chart wouldn't hurt you one bit.  Hear that, PB?

Get on down to Toronto, Ohio next week.  Ride your bike, hang out, check out the cool, old bikes, have fun.  Here's all the where-for's & how-to's:  (enter ovbsaoc into search engine - I'm having trouble establishing a direct link)

Here's Clark Francy, passing out essential advice for enjoying the Reliability Run, to a brace of wild & crazy, chompin'-at-the-bit riders.

Kip Kern

Ted

Would love to be there but have a Colonoscopy going that early Monday morning so can't make it due to prep.  Won't be fun but will be "on the gas" for sure a few days![:I]

marsattacks

Ted, i cannot make it this time -- going to Susquehannock Trail Rallycar Race -- have long wanted to see it. The BSA weekend is great and I hope to make the late summer edition.  Have a great time and take your snorkel if the rain resumes.  :):):) Best, John
Mars Attacks!
68 Planetary/Lunar Lander (very sadly, sold with Gamma death-ray to the Italians)
78 400 MC5 also sadly sold
79 space rock shox bike

paul a. busick

Kip,
 I had a couple of those kaleidoscopes when I was a kid.  I don't quite understand why you would need to prep to see what is inside.  Maybe you could have one of your friends help with the prep and that would give you enough time to make the OVBSA RR. [:p] Anyway, I hope that all  is well and that you get a few good photos while they are in there.  The prep is the worst of the whole procedure.  As the old toast goes "Bottoms Up"! ;) see you at Mid Ohio.
 Best wishes,
 Amherst Paul