Selling out- everything must go- maybe

Started by Jeff Reid, July 17, 2011, 09:34:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Reid

After many years of dragging Penton projects around I'm thinking hard about selling everything and giving up. I've restored a couple of beautiful Husqvarnas and done some vintage racing but now days I'm more interested in riding my KTM 450 or my Triumph Tiger 800 XC.
Therefore I'm thinking of selling my 2 Penton projects and everything that goes with them. I have a 1973 125 with Doug Wilford motor with NOS cylinder, piston, head and carb, PVL ignition, beautiful toaster tank and green airbox, frame is powder coated, beautiful wheels with replated spokes, nipples and polished Akront rims and black powder coated hubs. Very little assembly work to finish. 1972 Jack Piner- great frame, needs paint, 2 good toaster tanks, black motor- dirty but re-built by Barry Higgins in 1995 very little use since. Beautiful restored wheel set by Rod Gorzny- re-chromed radelli rims and replated spokes and nipples. I have boxes of re-chromed and re-zinc plated hardware including kick starters, shift levers and axles, and all hardware. 3 exhaust pipes- all un-cut 2 125 and 1 175. lots of other good stuff- VDO units, carbs, Motoplats, tanks straps, NOS Metzler tires, new cables, side panels, etc, etc. New OE aluminum fender set and Higgins plastic fender set. Would anyone be interested in the whole pile and coming to Western North Carolina to haul it away? I'm thinking in the $3500 range for everything. I could eBay everything one piece at a time but would rather it all left at once so I don't have regrets.

Jeff Reid
Jeff Reid

Rocket

Jeff
I am needing a very good pipe for a 73 100 project and maybe the wheels with the powder coated hubs.  If you get a chance, give me a call 815.441.0231.
thanks
Rod G

Jeff Reid

Not sure I want to part everything out- If I sell something like the wheels then I'm left with a project without wheels. I could sell a pipe. I'll give you a call.

Jeff Reid
Jeff Reid

Jeff Reid

I would consider partial trade for an AR-15 Rifle

Jeff Reid
Jeff Reid

Rocket

Scott Summey

Jeff
I am looking for a set of hubs for a 72 CMF Six Day to lace into some alloys. Give me a call (904-636-7772) if you have a spare set. Thanks
Scott
Scott Summey
Jacksonville, Florida

OUCWBOY

Jeff,
It is so sad! 1st that you are selling off everything and 2nd that not everyone reads the post as they are meant.

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Kip Kern

Jeff

How do you like the Triumph 800XC?  I am torn between it and a BMW F800GS.

Keith Meatyard

Jeff, I sent you an email.

Keith Meatyard
Keith Meatyard

Jeff Reid

Kip, Really love the Tiger. I had a Street Triple before so I was pretty sold on Triumph already. My BMW 800 GS owning friend was shocked at how smooth the Triumph engine was and how smooth it shifted. I ride on the road mostly and the Tiger does great, 21" wheel and all. Been on gravel and some pretty rough gravel/dirt roads and the Tiger felt like a real dirt bike. I like having something a little different- If everyone else on BMW, I like having Triumph. Couldn't be much happier with it. I guess that's my Penton problem- stay home and work on old bikes or go ride the mountains of Western North Carolina on the Tiger or my KTM? Ridng a modern bike with friends always wins out. Would be different if I had some vintage bike friends or some vintage races closer than 4 hours away.

Jeff Reid
Jeff Reid

Jeff Reid

Quotequote:Originally posted by Keith Meatyard

Jeff, I sent you an email.

Keith Meatyard
Keith- try it again- I still had an old email address in my POG profile. Should be OK now. thanks!

Jeff Reid
Jeff Reid