Too Cool

Started by Kip Kern, July 18, 2011, 05:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kip Kern

Just visited with Alexander Smith at MSR Shop in Riverside,CA.,  what a great guy and a beautiful shop!:D

OhioTed

What are you doing out Californi-ay way, Kip?

socalmx

After visiting MSR you should have continued on the 91 Fwy to Chaparral Motorsport to check out what sort of deals they had on their close-out riding gear.

Kip Kern

Moving my son to Burbank.  He hopes to work for one of the studios in Computer A nimation.  We spent the week and will fly home today to pack for Mid Ohio and then spend 4 days there.  Had a blast but too busy for my old bones!  No woods to ride in[:p]

Lloyd Boland

Kip,
Too bad we missed ya.  Could have loaded up the MC5, or maybe one of Victor's 125s or Bill's 125, and taken you to Glen Helen for one of the ARX races.

Hope your trip was good and you got around the "Carmageddon" (405 freeway closure) okay.

If your son needs tires, shocks, alignment or front end auto work in Burbank, drop me a line.  One of our vintage guys owns a fairly large tire shop in Burbank, does excellent work, is fair and takes care of the vintage crowd.

Lloyd

Kip Kern

Thanks Lloyd, greatly appreciate the offer.  Kaleb will drive out next week and arrive on the 1st.  Have to get a smog cert and safety inspection on the car but otherwise, all else should be great.  We had a great time running all over SOCAL and found the folks friendly and easy to get along with.  Will be out visiting more often now that both kids are living there!  One in Burbank and one in Ej Cajon.

Lloyd Boland

My office is only about 20-30 minutes from Burbank, and home is about 40 minutes.  If there is ever a need for assistance, please let me know.  Next time you are out this way I would love to have lunch one day if your schedule allows.

garrettccovington

Another cool KTM shop in So Cal is Bert's in Covina.  For my Beemer stuff you can't beat Irv Saver's in Orange.  Just to see all his old beemers hanging from the celling.

It would been cool if you could have gone to one of the ARX races.

I too extend a invite to all Pogers.  "The Barstow" is the place If you want to ride in the desert.

G

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

Mark P

I want to visit California again to see the filming locations for the B-westerns(I'm a major b-western fan!), do some dual-sport riding, AND ride over the Bixby Creek Bridge like Bronson. I've actually been to CA many times but almost all were military missions. I'd love to see CA again as long as I don't see Boxer, Feinstein or Pelosi.....lol

Perhaps some poggers can brainstorm a CA dual-sport trip as a winter getaway... Time to look at the calendar.