Bent Wheels ISDT

Started by Gene Saunders, August 01, 2011, 05:30:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brian kirby

I cant really find anything on the event at the Bent Wheels club website either.

Brian
Brian

brian kirby

I've decided I am going to bring a Sportsman Open and the Maico if I go. I'll put the MC5 400 engine in a '74.5 chassis this weekend, that way I can also race it in Historic if I want too. I sure hope that big flywheel helps.

Brian
Brian

Gene Saunders

I just got home from Michigan. Great event!!!  Thanks to the guys at Bent Wheels for putting on a first class event. I had great time. I learned alittle about riding in the sand. Stay on the gas!! Feet on the pegs and look far, far ahead. I hope we go back next year!!!

paul a. busick

Hi fellow POGGERS,
  I have got the unloading done and sand is everywhere.  Now the maintance will begin and the repair. [V]  I will now be known as the guy on the rattling PE.  The PE made it through both days. But at the final check on Sunday the kick stater quit.  So I had to have a push to get going for the MX.  I was doing well until I took a FLOP on the last lap about a 100 feet from the finish.  No kick starter required pushing to the finish. I was passed by my competition and ended in 2nd place. Way to go Whitey. I still got my golds for both days and had a hell of an adventure and that included the mom and pop motel we stayed in.  
  Chi Jer had a better weekend.  He also took 2 golds and the team that he was on took home the gold too.
  I want to thank Gary Roach for his help in getting me and the PE up a very loose sand up grade. He and his wife Toni had a couple of fun days. Matter of fact everybody there had a smile on.  I would also like to thank the HODAKA rider that helped push me to the MX finish line.  Who says HODAKA riders aren't good guys? :D
  I also want to thank all of the Bent Wheel club members for all of their HARD work.  They were every where doing anything they could to give us a great ride.  Thanks again Fellows.
  If you weren't there - you missed a good one. --------- Brian.
  See you all down Old Dusty.
   Amherst Paul