Chehallis Classic

Started by Mickey Sergeant, August 21, 2011, 11:20:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mickey Sergeant

This was my second year of attending Chehallis. Last year didn't go to good. Didn't even finish the first moto. This year was a lot more fun.There was a good showing of Pentons 9or10. I have finally got my top end and tranny problems solved. I have finally got it down on how to adjust the tranny on the sachs motor. Shifted well MOST of the day. The track was perfect all day long. Fast track with one section that was super rough. Was able to get my Berkie in 6th gear down the front straight. The first class was the 100cc. Went 1-1 for the overall. I also rode the Berkie in the 125 classic int. In the first moto running in 2nd the bike stopped shifting. Back to pits, removed side cover. Found that the tab that keeps the selector pawl spring in place a small piece had broken off. Was able to temp fix to get through the day. Came back in the 2nd moto for the win. 15-1 for 7th place.Can't waite for the Dick Mann classic next month allso at Chehallis.

ForrestTonkins

I was there watching and got to watch you race. Looking good I must say, and your Penton was cooking around that track. Great job. And I must say this was just my second year to go watch and it is a blast. Got to talk with a couple Penton guys which is always fun. Did not run into you in the pits but will watch for you at other races and come say hi.

Forrest

Mickey Sergeant

Thanks for the compliment. The kid that broke his arm was me that he hit from behind. Don't know what he was thinking. I was in 5th gear coming out of the sweeper on the start. He hit me on the side of my bike on the rear.I did't even see him just heard the hit. I talked to his grandfather and he said that he was out of control trying to do a block pass on a 5th gear sweeper corner.

ForrestTonkins

I was on the other side of the track when that happened so did not see who all was there. You were lucky he did not take you down with him. I heard he broke it pretty good, thats not a good thing.
I was walking back towards the finish line and they were red flaging the race until they got him out of there, so knew it was not good.

Forrest

gooddirt

gooddirt

checkcrew

Larry,

great action shots,
would you please add the riders names with their riding #'s
would be cool to know !!

thank you,

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

gooddirt

Not mine, found them in/on photobucket.

Mickey Sergeant

36m is me Mickey Sergeant. 28B is Daniel savage. 20B is David Bachmeier125 expert

tomale

In the +60 intermediat class there was another Penton rider.,. I believe his name was Ed brown, He finished 2nd overall for the day.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
74'250 hare scrambler (project)
74' 1/2 440 maico
78' 440 maico
72' cr125 Husky (project)
93' RMx 250 suzuki

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W