off brand Cagiva

Started by thrownchain, September 04, 2011, 04:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thrownchain

I picked up an '85 Cagiva 125, which I believe is a Husqvarna motor. What are the differences if any to a standard Husky motor? Also does anyone know where to source parts and manuals for this bike. I talked to a guy at the Yankee reunion that said some Yamaha YZ parts will interchange, any help in that area will be greatly appreciated.  Thx

brian kirby

It is not a Husky engine, Cagiva did not buy Husky until '87 and the first Husky's built by Cagiva were '88s. I rode an '86 or '87, cant remember which now, for a while when it was new and it was by far and away the worst motorcycle I have ever ridden before or since. Seized every time I rode it, I mean every time. Jetting was perfect, no air leaks, never could figure out what was causing it. It was too bad too, because they were, and still are, really pretty motorcycles.

Brian
Brian

Kip Kern

I bought a 1988 HusqCagiva WRK 125 new and loved it.  Ran like a top and was faster than crap.  I really had a great time on that 125 but sold it after a few years, and moved up to a RMX 250 Suzuki.

Tennessee Vol

Call Craig Hayes @ Keytime Motorsports --- here is their website.

http://keytimemotorsports.com/index.html
Bobby Stults